“Won't stay here again.”
Review of Super 8 Boone NC

Super 8 Boone NC
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was told by a friend in Boone that this Super 8 was only a few years old but when I got to my room, it looked like it was 10+ years old. There was a hole in the carpet the size of a golf ball, a huge hole in the bathroom door was hastily covered with putty, the chair at the desk was terribly stained, and the bedspread had burn holes along with stains of unknown origin. The bathtub faucet did not shut off completely, the shower curtain had mold and mildew growing on it as did the ceiling tiles. There was what I assume a heat lamb that did not work and was not properly installed and the toilet was in desperate need of new caulking at the floor as it wobbled quite a bit. If indeed this hotel is only a few years old, it has not been cared for very well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
jmchap, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Boone NC, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

I apologize for your experience during your stay. Our Head Housekeeper and our Chief Maintenance Engineer have been made aware of your concerns and are working now to take corrective action.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Boone NC

Reviewed 23 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 June 2014

water in tub and toilet ran a little, but closed the door and didn't bother me. Staff is always friendly, and I have all I need and always a clean room. Even though I don't usually have time to eat breakfast, they have a big dining area and pretty decent selection of food. This is the best price and value in town so I always stay here when I come through. Pool was being repainted when I was there, but it's nice when working- indoors.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
jmchap, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Boone NC, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your review, it's always good to hear from our regular guests. I am happy to hear that we "consistently" meet your expectations. Our goal is that day-to-day quality in service and cleanliness. I will pass on to our staff your comments and we will look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

we were there June 13th and June 14th on the 13th the room was hot as hell woke up at 2 am sweating and there was a dirty nasty washcloth on the shower rod. We couldn't get the remote to work no one told us we had to program the remote every time you turned it on,the was a hole from a cig in the bedspread. Next day they put us in the next room cause of the a.c. and the remote didn't work on the TV and the volume keep changing on it's own the body wash in the dispenser was empty and shampoo was close to being empty as well sorry to say we are coming up in Aug but while we were there we looked for another hotel to stay at I can't go thu that again. The breakfast the toaster didn't work and no one told people when they were waiting for it to cook,i felt that the breakfast could had been better.This was the 1st we had stay at 1 of these Super 8 and the last time too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Sheril And Davi... H
jmchap, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Boone NC, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

I'm sorry you weren't completely satisfied with your stay here. We try our best to meet our guests' needs.There should not have been an issue with your TV, we have just recently installed Charter Digital service for all of our rooms. This requires a remote for the TV and an additional remote for the cable. I've found that many times guests have unintentionally set the TV to the wrong channel then compounded the problem by trying to reprogram the cable box remote. I would encourage any guest to contact our front desk or maintenance department if and as soon as they become aware of an issue. Our team is great at responding to the needs of our guests.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

first time staying at this location, was a bit let down that the pool was out of order and was empty for some sort of maintenance, but I digress. the front door area needs some cleanup it seemed a bit dirty to me. the desk guy was friendly and checked us in promptly. the room was cool when we arrived so that was nice, but the next thing I noticed were stains all over the carpet. I mean ALL over the carpet. the room smelled clean so it was not dirty as in smell, but it looked really dirty on the carpet. I guarantee there were at least 15 places on the carpet that was stained. the bathroom was large but the shower itself was very small. im a 6 feet 1 man and my head almost touched the ceiling while taking a shower and the shower head itself was probably only 5 feet off the ground so I had to lean over to get under the shower. the beds were very comfortable and I saw no bugs at all. the breakfast was to me a bit poor. waffles you had to heat yourself, yogurt, apples, Danish, and orange juice. I might consider staying here again, but I might also think twice and try somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
jmchap, General Manager at Super 8 Boone NC, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for your review. Great service from our staff is one of our expectations, we also expect our guests to be satisfied with the rooms we provide. I am sorry we did not fulfill our obligation to you. If you could contact me with the details of your stay I can see that corrections are made.

We would love to have you stay as a guest again, please consider The Super 8 of Boone on your next trip to the High Country.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is nothing fancy,but location is good if you plan on going tubing. Lobby is clean, and front desk staff friendly.
The room itself needs new carpet and more electrical outlets. There is a small refrigerator, but no outlets to plug into!!!
Long hair was on the bathroom floor!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
jmchap, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Boone NC, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your comments and for recognizing our front desk staff. I will notify housekeeping and maintenance regarding your concerns.

Reviewed 17 June 2014