“Lost Reservation”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Boone
“Lost Reservation”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Enjoyed the Boone NC area until our check in time of 3pm, then the fun started. The gentleman at the front desk informed us that even though he saw our reservation he did not have a room for us. Super 8 was over booked and did not know if he could put us anywhere. After looking through the system, super 8 found where I had made my reservations. I was given a room with very little AC and a complimentary box fan. WOW!!!! The gentlemen was very nice and did put me in a room, but there were other members of my party without reservations and they walked right in and got a room. Let me add, this was booked thru tripadvisor not super 8, so look out when you book thru this site. Thanks super 8 for helping us at least have somewhere to stay during the 4th!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

jmchap, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Boone NC, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
I apologize for any confusion during your check in here at the Super 8 of Boone. I understand that there were some rooms not ready at our check in time. This wasn't a matter of not having your room or having lost your reservation, the housekeepers simply had not finished all the rooms. I am happy the gentleman at the front desk went to such lengths to accommodate your needs. The management expects each guest's needs be met and that our obligation to our guests fulfilled. I hope we will be able to host your next visit to the High Country. Thank you for your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We went to check into this property at 6PM (with a reservation) and were told our room wasn't ready because housekeeping was running behind and that we should go eat or something until they could get the room ready. We had driven 6 hours and moved our daughter from Charlotte to Boone so we were tired, sweaty and in need of a shower. Going to a restaurant was not an option! Our room was ready at 8:10PM. Unacceptable! We were told the manager would contact us to 'make it right'. That never happened. This was a non-smoking room that reeked of smoke. There were brown stains on the underside of the bedspread and the blanket was thin and threadbare. Not only would I not stay in this hotel again, I will never stay in a Super 8. Too many bad experiences have turned me against this chain.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Victoria R
jmchap, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Boone NC, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
I am sorry your experience in Boone wasn't what you expected. I apologize for the night in question and I assure you that measures have been taken to avoid a recurrence. We have added staff to our housekeeping department and to our front desk department. Hopefully this will rectify the issues you experienced. You are right your wait was totally unacceptable.

Travellers are raving about these Boone hotels

Waxhaw
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We came to spend 2 nights so enjoy to fireworks & to take our son to Tweetsie for the weekend. The lobby was nice, the check in was easy & fast. The rooms was okay, there was a few issues that we didn't care for that we saw...hair on the bathroom floor, stains on a few items, the carpet wasn't cleaned bc it left my sons feet black. The breakfast was good, tables wasn't cleaned after someone was sitting so you had to clean it yourself. There was an issue with parking once we returned from being out for the day. Overall the staff was very friendly & willing to meet our needs & do what we wanted them to do.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your review of the Super 8 in Boone, NC. I am happy you were able to see the fireworks at Tweetsie Railroad, it is one of our favorite events. Our housekeepers and maintenance crew have worked hard to keep our facility up to date. We are also proud of all our staff and their efforts to helpful and efficient. i have passed your concerns along to our housekeeping supervisor and he will see that these issues are corrected. I apologize that your visit did not meet your expectations, I hope to be able to see you on your next visit to Boone.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is a good motel if you just need a bed for a reasonable rate. Our room kind of had a weird smell and the third story sliding windows had no screens (which kind of freaked me out.) The breakfast was comparable to most hotels and the staff was super nice. The beds were comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I appreciate your positive comments about our Super 8 of Boone. Thank you for the "super nice" remark about our staff, we do have a nice group of people working for us. I think, if you stay with us again, you'll be pleased to find new additions in our Super Start Breakfast menu. Please consider Super 8 of Boone on your next trip to the High Country.