“Adequate for a night” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
North Carolina
“Adequate for a night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I turned a day trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway into a two day trip after we got to Boone. We stayed in a King Suite on the 2nd floor which was on the back side of the property. (I'm guessing that the front side rooms would hear a lot of traffic noise from the 5 lane US 421 highway that can't be more than 25 feet from the hotel itself. This is no fault of theirs, the road was widened about 2 years ago and took most of the front of the hotel property!)

Our room was adequate for the night. There was nothing outstanding about it nor was there anything to complain about other than the noise of a toddler running back and forth in the room above us, again not something I can blame the hotel for.

Parking may be a challenge if you arrive late or return after a night out. This is also a result of the loss of the front of their property.

I would recommend this hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stephanie O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Boone, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback that you left for our Country Inn & Suites of Boone, NC. I sincerely hope that you were able to enjoy your ride along the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is truly a beautiful ride during this time of year. Maybe you can come back in the fall and see all of the beautiful colors as the leaves are changing. We hope to be able to serve you again when you are back in Boone NC.

Stephanie O'Brien

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here early May this year.
Front desk and entrance very nice.
Room was well furnished and comfortable.
Staff were exceptional.
Breakfast was really very good (was a pleasant change to get real plates not plastic like other hotels we stayed at)
Good value for money Recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for our Country Inn & Suites from your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you appreciate the china and silver ware at breakfast. We want to reduce the amount of trash that goes to our landfills every day by using the glassware. Thank you so much for the kind words about our staff. I share the comments left on Trip advisor with our staff every morning and they love being recognized for their hard work. We look forward to seeing and serving you again in the future when your travels bring you back to the Boone NC area.

Pinecrest, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights recently, and was fortunate enough to stay in one of the suites, which I recommend. It had a nice, big room fridge, which I appreciated. The housekeeping staff did a great job, and everyone was very nice. I checked in pretty late at night, and although the young man who checked me in didn't seem too knowledgeable, he found me a good room, and I thank him for that. I tried to sit out on the breakfast room terrace each morning for breakfast, to enjoy some of the fresh morning mountain air, but on one morning I couldn't enjoy it because the employees were out there smoking on their break. The breakfast was plentiful, with a decent selection, but the "fresh fruit" was actually frozen and I couldn't eat it. Despite the minor deficiencies, I would recommend this pleasant, affordable hotel, and found it very clean, quite comfortable and it provided me a good rest each night.

Room Tip: Request a suite if possible
Green Features: Keep up the good work! I appreciate it when businesses make an effort to protect the environment.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback for our Country Inn & Suites here in Boone NC. I am delighted to know that you were able to have breakfast with us during your stay. We welcome all guest feedback and enjoy reading the trip advisor comments each morning during our daily meetings. Our staff love knowing that our guest enjoyed their stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future when your travels bring you back to Boone.

Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Best stay in Boone, NC. I go their for business and with my family when I travel and the staff is A+ The Breakfast is always great and buffet style hot breakfast. The pool and spa is nice and the rooms are always clean and cozy!

Room Tip: They have several types of suite rooms to choose from. The staff is A+
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stephanie O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Boone, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Joshua,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feeback for our hotel regarding your recent stay with us. We love to have you stay with us when you are in town on business. I am so glad that you are able to enjoy our hot breakfast while you are here. We want our guests to feel as at home as possible while staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Hertford, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I was at this hotel for 5 nights while I attended an art workshop. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly -- everyone we saw! The room (suite) was spacious, and it was nice to have the extra space for an extended stay. The guest room and bathroom were spotlessly clean, and the woman who cleaned left little treats several of the days we were there (cookies, chips, etc.). There were cookies in the hotel lobby each afternoon, and coffee was available throughout the day.

On the first morning at breakfast, I was very impressed that there were real dishes and silverware at the breakfast buffet, rather than disposables. There were several hot items available, usually eggs and bacon or sausage. However, the eggs were not very hot, and the bacon and sausage were very greasy and not totally cooked. There was mixed fruit available, but it was still mostly frozen, so you had to pick around the edible pieces. An assortment of breads and cereals were available, as well as cooked oatmeal, and there were 2 waffle makers. My primary complaint was with the quality of the hot items. If you are staying for 1 night, it really isn't a major problem, and I would still recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is situated on a very busy major road, so if you are bothered by noise, ask for a room on...
Green Features: They are trying to be eco-friendly with changing linens every 3 days and using regular dishes and flatware instead of disposables. I also noted that they have a program to sanitize any soap and unused toiletries in order to redistribute them to people in need. Bravo!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about our Country Inn & Suites of Boone. I am delighted to know that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. I have passed along your kind comments to our staff. We love reading about our guests experience with us. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future when you are back in the Boone NC area.

Roanoke, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here overnight after driving down to take our son to Tweetsie Railroad. The room was very clean, the shower was great, good pressure and plenty of hot water. Bed was good, pillows were a bit flat but I feel that's true of most hotels. It was good to have a door to shut to keep the bedroom separate so we could put our child to bed but stay up in the other section of the suite. The drive to Tweetsie was very convenient, took about 15 mins. Didn't use the pool but it looked nice. Breakfast was very nice, ends at 930 and we ate at 9 and it was still very well stocked. The staff was great!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stephanie O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Boone, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear valued guest,

I would like to say thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to leave feedback for our Country Inn & Suites. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff members love to read the tripadvisor comments together each morning during our daily meetings. We hope that we are able to serve you and your family again in the near future.

North East, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed one night on a recent trip to the area. The hotel was clean, updated. Staff was friendly/efficient. Bed was very comfortable. One of the nicer Country Inn and Suites we have stayed in. Good location with easy access. The breakfast was very good. Will stay here again when visiting the area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments for our Country Inn & Suites from your recent stay with us. Our staff love to see the positive commets regarding their hard work. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to have breakfast with us. We look for ward to serving you and your family again in the near future.