My wife and I stayed at this Hotel in our recent visit to Boone, NC and Blowing Rock. Let's start in the very beginning. The hotel staff are very courteous. My first contact with staff came when I called to ask if I could update my room type. They were very professional and helpful. When we got to Boone we had no trouble finding the motel using the address plugged into our GPS. The motel was visible from the road however there were no signs showing where to turn in at. We had to turn around and go back to the red light before the motel and figure it out ourselves. A sign at the entrance would have been very helpful. Checking in was a breeze. When we got to our room it looked very nice. A quick use of the restroom revealed that the cleaners hadn't even cleaned up dried up urine on the toilet seat but I could easily wipe it off and just call it a minor oversight by the housekeeping staff. The next issue arose when we tried to use the jacuzzi in our jacuzzi suite. There was hair in the screen for the jets. We quickly called the front desk and a maintenance man was there within five minutes. He took the drain cover off, cleaned it then disinfected the tub so that we could use it. Very helpful and courteous. The fitness center consists of two treadmills, an elliptical trainer, and recumbent bike. It was very clean and contained towels to dry off with. The temperature was comfortable. The bed was comfortable if you like sleeping on a board. The pillows also were very firm. If you stay on the front side of the motel you will wake up at 7am. Although the hotel is on top of a hill it is basically one travel lane distance from the edge of a 6 lane highway that is still under construction. About the time of morning rush hour you WILL hear the traffic. I woke up about 7 am and could not go back to sleep. Might not be bad for a business traveler that has to get up but for someone who is there to rest I would definitely choose the backside of the hotel. The breakfast was fabulous. There were sausage biscuits, fruit, cereal, muffins, doughnuts, orange juice, milk, bagels, etc.Every staff member we came into contact with was great and super friendly. If I could give the management of this hotel a tip to make happier guests it would be...1)Be sure you have your housekeepers check behind themselves for things such as urine on the toilet seat and hair in the jacuzzi. 2) Please notify guests that plan on staying on the front side of the hotel that they may wish to stay on the back side regardless if the view from the front is better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina is the Country Inn & Suites, Boone. Located in the North Carolina High Country, the area offers unsurpassed scenery, exciting activities and outdoor adventures for people of all ages. The Country Inn & Suites, Boone is located in the middle of it all. Come and enjoy all the area has to offer and let us pamper you with a little "Country Hospitality." We look forward to your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Boone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inns & Suites Boone Hotel Boone
- Country Inns And Suites Boone
- Country Inn Boone
- Boone Country Inn