“No reservation? Grab take-out!”
Review of Casa Rustica

Casa Rustica
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Rustica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 156 Restaurants in Boone
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: AppalCart stops in front of restaurant use POP 105 route.
Description: Casa Rustica is Boone"s authentic Italian restaurant since 1981. We offer a wide selection of entrees including fresh pastas, chicken, veal, seafood and steaks. Our nightly specials complement our menu and our homemade desserts are not to be missed. Visit the La Bouca Lounge where the menu offers original sandwiches and flat-bread pizzas. Casa Rustica provides a cozy atmosphere in a log cabin setting. Come for romantic fireside dining or bring the whole family and enjoy our friendly and prompt service.
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We came in during dinner rush after a day on the slopes, hoping to try our luck. There were no tables available until late in the evening, so we opted for take-out. 30 min after we placed our order, we walked out with a delicious meal for 8. From spaghetti for the kiddos to delicious spinach lasagna, chicken stuffed with artichokes and other goodness, or old favorites like meat lasagna, we enjoyed it all. The staff was delightful, food delicious. They offer pans of many of their best-loved dishes, so you could also plan ahead to pick up a family-sized portion for après ski!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I've been here quite a few times, and everything I've tried has been amazing. It's simply the best Italian food I've had, and the best local restaurant in Boone. One of my favorite plates is the Chicken Francese. If you want something a little more basic, the Lasagna Marinara is amazing. Even the sweet tea is among the best I've ever had. The atmosphere is great, and very relaxing. The service is always the best...it's never been too much or too little. I'll be back here often.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has been in Boone since 1981. The trip advisor reviews ranked this place well. I am going to assume we came on an off night ??

The restaurant wasn't busy so staff was very attentive. Service was not an issue.

My husband's water glass had a lipstick stain.

Then we ordered. I had the French onion soup. Casa Rustica's French onion soup tasted like there was no beef broth. I ordered the eggplant and side pasta with carbonara dressing. My husband had the Seafood a la vodka

The carbonara sauce had bacon. But it was thick and a little gummy or sticky. I almost thought I tasted flour was used as a thickener?

The amount of seafood in my husbands dish was amazing. Huge shrimp and scallops and lots of them. But there was very little sauce and there was something off with the taste. I almost think I tasted the kind of garlic you buy in a jar - that tangy taste??

The portions were huge but for the price and the ambience the taste wasn't there :-(

We were staying in west Jefferson and we could have traveled 20 minutes either way for dinner.

Next time we may head to wilkesboro to Olive Garden. It's a chain but you know what you're getting.

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

We had a nice experience here. Our table had pasta dishes which were very good, chicken dishes that were also very good and I had a filet with au poivre sauce and it was excellent. If you are with a group that wants Italian food but also some other choices, this us the place. The atmosphere is very high country but the food is still very Italian.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Usually when I review something I have in mind what I'd like to say about the location. I'm just at a loss for this one. Everything about the experience was just so-so. The food was okay, but not overly impressive. The atmosphere is okay but nothing spectacular. The service was certainly the highlight of the experience. We had a fantastic server and she handled our very large group efficiently and with a smile on her face. There were 16 of us and a variety of dishes were ordered. Not one person said they were bowled over by any particular dish. I guess that's the best summary I could offer.