“Great veal”
Review of Casa Rustica

Casa Rustica
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Rustica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 157 Restaurants in Boone
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: AppalCart stops in front of restaurant use POP 105 route.
Description: Casa Rustica is Boone"s authentic Italian restaurant since 1981. We offer a wide selection of entrees including fresh pastas, chicken, veal, seafood and steaks. Our nightly specials complement our menu and our homemade desserts are not to be missed. Visit the La Bouca Lounge where the menu offers original sandwiches and flat-bread pizzas. Casa Rustica provides a cozy atmosphere in a log cabin setting. Come for romantic fireside dining or bring the whole family and enjoy our friendly and prompt service.
Reviewed 12 June 2016

We arrived 15 minutes early and were promptly seated. My wife ordered the veal francese and I ordered the veal saltimbocca. The meal came with a choice of pasta and house salad. The salad was your average house salad and nothing special. The main course arrived after about 25 minutes but it was worth the wait. Both dishes features very large pieces of veal. It was wonderful. The service was very good. Our waitress kept our water glasses filled and checked with us often.
The only drawback was we were seated on the upper level. It was very warm outside the this level is cooled by two window mounted air conditioners which were pretty loud if you sat next to one (we did).
All in all, it was a very enjoyable dinner.

1  Thank Mongo1234

Reviewed 8 June 2016

We went here to avoid going into the heart of Boone and the downtown traffic. The atmosphere was wonderful. The menu extensive. Selections and prices to fit every budget. Even substituting salad or veggies for pasta! Four of us had wonderful meals.

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

Its not the worse (olive garden) but not the best (carabbas)
It only deserves 4 stars. The entrées some what saved them.
Some parts were good some parts were horrible.
Our appetizers were over fried and not seasoned. (We got the sampler with calamari,zucchini,(im pretty sure frozen) cheese sticks and fried mushrooms. Just skip it! It was not eatable.
I got a chicken dish and the pasta with bacon in it. It was pretty good but not great.
My husband got a spicy chicken pasta which was pretty good.
The bread came super late (which was hard) not eatable.
The Caesar salad was amazing
The soup was good
I mean like I said it was good but just not great.
Ive only been to 1 other restaurant in the area so far so this 1 was definitely better but im not sure we would go back. Maybe if we don't find something better.
The worse part of this restaurant is the building. Dark,dingy, dirty, old and we couldn't see anything! We had to take our I phone and turn the flash light on and put it under the candle holder so we could see what was on our table. It was really that bad. The front desk girl even commented about how much better it was. I told her well.. We can't see!!
I mean go to the store and buy some candles! Something!!
Ask for a well lit area

Heres our photos. Notice the cell phone! And notice how dark!!

1  Thank hairbyt
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

Busy Memorial Day weekend, but fortunately we could be seated without a reservation. My husband and I shared the chicken cacciatore. Everything was delicious, the bread, salad, and entree, with generous portions and attentive friendly service. Highly recommend Casa Rustica!

Reviewed 26 May 2016

This is my favorite restaurant in Boone, North Carolina. Every time I visit Boone, I go to this restaurant. Great food.