“Nice Mom & Pop place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boone
Hidden Valley Motel
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Nice Mom & Pop place”
Reviewed 3 October 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our overnight stay at the Hidden Valley. The bed was a little firm for my taste by I slept very well. And I don't usually sleep well the first night of a vacation. If we ever drive the Blue Ridge Parkway again, we would stay here.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank whiteheadfisher
JimBoone, Owner at Hidden Valley Motel, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Thanks for the nice review, We do try to please our guests. Mattresses were replaced near the end of September, not sure which you experienced, but I'd still call the new ones reasonably firm. Thanks again, Jim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I found Hidden Valley on Trip Advisor. Our plan was to travel to Blue Ridge Parkway - "halfway", which I was told was Boone, NC. I called Jim, and he's an absolute joy!!! He and Maxine are such wonderful people! They really love meeting the people who stay there, and they go out of their way to make sure each guest is accommodated. The garden that Maxine has sculpted is stunning!! The hotel is small and quaint. There are 8 rooms, they're large enough and clean. The bathrooms have really cool doors and the floors in the bathroom are slate. We got the room with 3 beds so our son and daughter wouldn't be sleeping in the same bed. It worked out perfectly!!! Jim told us where all of the restaurants are, and area activities, and he gave us maps so we could navigate Boone. Jim was willing to have long talks with my son and husband - he's such a treasure! When we were going to eat, a woman had just driven up with her husband, who was checking in. She looked at me and declared, "This place is really so quaint and pretty". She said she had no idea how nice it was from the pictures. It's not the Ritz, but it's not trying to be. As my daughter said, "Jim really makes the hotel", and he does! Jim and Maxine are such a cute, wonderful couple, and great hoteliers! We felt safe and welcome there. As a travel agent, I usually stay in resort areas in chain hotels. This property is so individual and unique - totally refreshing. I'm quite picky about where I stay, but I would totally recommend Hidden Valley Motel. Don't expect a trendy, typical, larger hotel - just a good old true American nostalgic motel stay. WONDERFUL!!! Thank you Jim and Maxine!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank tymetocruz7
Middle TN
Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

Like staying in a fruend's home...lots of personal touches in the room. Had nice TV, flat screen TV, and frig along With three sodas. No breakfast or pool, but the motel has beautiful wildflowers and interesting antiques everywhere. Clean, reasonable accommodations in a good location near Boone.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank tnoccther
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and had a great stay. There was plenty of room and we also had a small refridgarator and microwave in he room. The gardens on the property also add to the charm as they were beautiful. The price was also very reasonable.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Emmagrace08
Owasso
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Stayed here for two nights recently and felt very welcome. Jim and Maxine ( the owners) make you feel right at home. Felt like we were staying at our grandparents home - lots of knick knacks in the room and very spacious. Canned soda was left on the counter for us. Room was super clean - cleaner than most chain motels we have stayed in - and they had turned on the AC before we arrived so the room was cool - that was great after a long day of riding motorcycles. All rooms are non-smoking. Beautiful flower garden. Our room accommodated 5 people - two double beds and a twin - it was like staying at the Waltons!! The price was $100 for one night and $70 for the second night including all taxes and this was because it was a holiday weekend. We loved it and would return given the opportunity. It was a nice change of pace.No pool. The only thing we would have liked would be for restaurants to be in walking distance but that isn't a necessity. Jim was very helpful with information and suggestions for the area

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MelissaP_11
Silver City, New Mexico
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I booked directly with the owner of this motel based on pictures and what I read about it. Most of my conversations were positive with the owner including a call to make sure we were headed in the right direction when we got to Boon. This was the last motel of a two week trip through North Carolina. I asked if our bill could be split and was told the credit card companies don’t allow this. I said all our other stays split the bill for us and could we please have two charges. The owner did honor our request. We were also given good suggestions for eating out. Our room was spacious and tastefully decorated to look like your grandmother’s home. The room was super clean with no chemical cleaning smell. All rooms are non-smoking. However guests smoke outside on the covered porch allowing the smoke to drift in our open window. Getting things out of our car also meant walking through a cloud of smoke. If you truly want a smoke free environment this is not the place to stay. I wish it had been different because the room and grounds really were nice.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Donna S
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I had read the positive reviews on here and decided that this would be our next place to stay the next time we headed to the mountains. It was everything and more from what I had expected. The owner was very nice and pleasant. Called late Thursday to get a reservation on Saturday night! Was more than happy to accommodate us. The grounds were nice and kept, the room was so clean and fresh! Filled with small nick-knacks and local stuff. The bed was a little hard, but not really an issue for us. This place is what it is a small mom and pop motel. The price was great! Tremendous value! I would most definitely recommend Hidden Valley Motel and we'll definitely be back! Thanks again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple