“Excellent Service, Clean Rooms, & a Good Breakfast for a Very Good Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sleep Inn Boone

Sleep Inn Boone
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Boone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Asheboro, North Carolina
“Excellent Service, Clean Rooms, & a Good Breakfast for a Very Good Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

Even though Sleep Inn's are a budget price hotel, I rate this property a 5 because of their very knowledgeable front desk staff, clean and well appointed rooms, and a good complimentary breakfast. This is all provided at a very reasonable price. My most recent reservation was made via the internet about two hours before I arrived. All of the details were correct. Access in and out of the parking lot is a bit of a challenge during rush hours.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
sleepinnfdm, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Boone, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Thank You for your stay and review if there is anything else we can do for you please call us at the front desk 1(828)262-0020.
Until next time:
Jamey Sutton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

The staff here was amazing. Not only did they give us a great deal, but they were very helpful for guests that didn't know the area. They were able to recommend great restaurants and give directions to nearby attractions. When we had a question about a restaurant, the manager immediately looked it up, picked up the phone and called them for us. When we shared that we were going snowboarding, they were able to recommend a good place to rent equipment and share experience with the weather conditions there. They also let us know of the coffee and hot cocoa that would be waiting for us when we got back. When my boyfriend seemed excited, the manager immediately went back to the kitchen and grabbed five packets of hot cocoa mix for us to take. When we stated that we were planning on trying to sled the next day, we were suggested "the best sledding hill in town" and given directions. The breakfast is awesome! The waffle makers were an experience, but we were provided a bunch of toppings including strawberries to top them with. Even after check out, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful when we came back to ask for directions. I really felt like they went out of their way for us. We were so happy to have chosen that hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Natasha T, General Manager at Sleep Inn Boone, responded to this review, 15 August 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel and would like to inform you that we have made many renovations since, as well as being under new management. We hope to exceed your expectations again during your next visit to Boone!

Goldsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I typically stay at another budget hotel while visiting Boone, but that hotel's rates were a little higher at the time than the Sleep Inn (always looking for the best deal). Instead, I reserved a room on-line at the Sleep Inn. I had stayed once previously a couple of years ago and I had a pleasant experience there, and this time I was also not disappointed. For a budget hotel, the Sleep Inn has several nice touches. The front desk staff acted pleasantly, the lobby was clean and comfortable, there always seemed to be hot coffee and cookies or treats in the lobby. I reserved two rooms since we had a crowd travelling with us that weekend. The rooms were quiet during our stay, they were clean and the beds felt comfortable. The TV, microwave and fridge worked fine. My only complaint, although minor, was that the motor on the mini-fridge was just noisy enough that I could not sleep very soundly. I could have unplugged it but I didn't want to wake up my wife and daughter. Each bed had four small sofa-sized pillows. I like to use pillows when I sleep and when I got used to stacking the smaller pillows, it was no problem. Plus there was a spare pillow in the closet if I wanted more. Another nice touch was the hallways. They were clean, quiet and well-decorated. By the elevator was a clean and comfortable sitting area that was another nice touch. It looks like this Sleep Inn tries to add the nice touches of a more expensive hotel at a budget price. The breakfast is typical but nicely done ... cold cereals, fresh fruit and a waffle maker with fresh toppings. There was a friendly breakfast bar attendant who sat in the corner ready to help out with whatever was needed. I felt like for the money, my family and I got a very good deal and a nice experience. I'll definitely consider staying here again the next time I visit the area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank AppsFan

Broomall, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Place was clean, quite, comfortable and cheap. Breakfast left a little to be desired but overall it was a great nights sleep

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms nice view and very quite
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank matt65414

Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

The staff are always helpful, but I have to admit sometimes it's challenge to get a non smoking room. I had requested one and i got a room attached to a smoking room. Made for a miserable night. BUT the staff was very helpful the next morning and got me another room when I told them I just couldn't stand it . Breakfast is very good. Overall not a bad place, clean and conveniently located.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank sandy5498

Maryville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

The place was atrractive but I would have been happy to trade the ambiance for some quiet. The walls must be made of toothpicks and TP. There's a sign on the elevator that the AC provides "white noise." I thought it was strange to post that but I found out why. You could hear every toilet flush all night. Could hear the entire conversation of the people next door. Motorcycles running constantly. Definitely not worth $130 a night.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank vickie b
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! It is through feedback such as yours that we were able to improve our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations during your first stay. However, we would like to inform you that we have made many renovations as well as being under new management. We would love for you to let us show you during your next visit to Boone!

Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

The hotel is nice and new but has many smoking rooms. Ventilation is poor and our non-smoking room plus the hallways and elevator were dreadfully smoky by 9 PM. The front desk claimed they could not move us to a clean area so we were pretty sick by morning. We were too tired to try and relocate by the time we realized the problem. At breakfast we heard two other families complaining about the same issue. Those families also had sick children from the smoke. Manager Brian Lindquist does not care about anything but your money, despite signs in the room guaranteeing satisfaction. We will NEVER stay at another Sleep Inn again!

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, you will love this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business