“Learn how to wrap a burrito”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chipotle Mexican Grill
Ranked #95 of 150 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Newland, North Carolina
“Learn how to wrap a burrito”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I am typically a big fan of places that resemble Chipotle. My wife really loves Moes and I always tell her Chipotle is better than Moe's. Well this trip to Chipotle was nowhere near as good as Moe's and it was a couple of dollars more than what we normally spend at Moe's. This is the new restaurant in the town of Boone so I will give them the benefit of doubt when making the review. This place was packed with people and they still got to my order pretty quick. They only had 10 or more people back there cooking, making meals and cashing people out. The gentlemen that took my order asked up front if I wanted Pinto or Black beans. I told him PINTO beans. He either did not listen or did not care because after he put the rice on my burrito he proceeded to put black beans on it. I tried to catch him and say Pintos but he already put it own there, I said I wanted Pintos and he said he was sorry but no mention of creating a new burrito, so I just said, that's fine. On down the line after everything was put on the burrito it was time for a wrap. Now I will admit I have tried this at home and it is not an easy task to fit that much food into a wrap, but this lady completely killed my wrap. It was torn in two places and food was falling out in those spots and then the end of the burrito was not even closed off so the food was coming out the middle and the ends. It was a salad by the time I had taken a couple of bites, there was no way to keep it into a burrito and eat it. So I put it into my plate and ate it with a fork. At least at Moe's if they tear your burrito or mess it up they will put it on a new one and try again. Here the lady just wrapped it up and pushed me through. The only reason I gave this place two instead of one is because the guy at the checkout counter really seemed to have a knack for customer service. He was asking all the right questions and made you feel like a welcome guest. Too bad he could not have been the order taker and wrapper and checkout dude all in one. They need to take some notes from this guy. Sorry don't remember his name.

• Visited April 2014