“Kind and relaxing coffee shop”

Higher Grounds Coffee Shoppe
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Boone
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I had a nice iced coffee with a little bit of vanilla at Higher Ground. The barista, who was very nice and helpful, gave me the perfect amount of vanilla and milk in my coffee. It was so nice that I went up for a refill ($1 with the vanilla). The atmosphere was calm, quiet, and relaxing. Will definitely go back.

2  Thank Bkeane2414

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Caramel Frappes are excellent here. Free wifi is fast and it's usually quiet enough to get some work done if you need to. The people are nice and the service is good. Lots of parking.

2  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Stopped by here my first morning in Boone since my hotel didn't serve anything except Maxwell House. This was a nice little shop with fresh brewed coffees of the day--including a straight coffee as well as a flavored coffee--and espresso drinks. They also sell their coffees by the pound and they can be bought either whole bean or ground. They have plenty of tables as well as living room style seating with games on the shelves that can be played. The 12 year old with me enjoyed those while I enjoyed my coffee.

2  Thank Libby W
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This is a great place to go after a movie. We always get a mocha frap are a hot chocolate.

2  Thank Travelman360
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Stopped by to get a cup of coffee and ended up with a delicious Mexican Hot Chocolate! Yum!

2  Thank mouseRD