“good eating!”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 12 January 2014

troys has a wide variety of food for decent prices, much more than standard shiny diner fare. troys has great veggie burgers for us vegetarians, as well as fish, including mountain trout. it can be crowded on the weekends so service can be slow at times, but this is a great, relatively inexpensive place to eat in boone, it is usually a stop my wife and i make.

Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We vacationed here and had the opportunity to eat breakfast here. The food was outstanding and the staff was friendly. Which we had more places like this back home in Florida.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Along with the Best Music, they serve the food we all really love. We've been there for lunch and this time for Breakfast. Excellent eggs, hash browns (the real shredded ones, not the chopped stuff), thick bacon, etc. Servings of the delicious food were generous, and the service is attentive and prompt. One of the best breakfast places I've found in North Carolina.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

If you love that diner experience, you will love this restaurant. It has that great old diner look and excellent food. Service staff was very friendly.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I've been a very happy customer of Troy's 105 Diner for several years now, usually eating here at least once a week. There absolutely isn't a better hamburger to be had in the area, especially for the price. Generous portions and fresh tasting beef, plus the fries and onion rings are always hot and delicious as well.

Now, being that Troy's is a diner as well, you can count on great 'diner fare' as well. Fresh veggie plates, tasty breakfasts and even great salads. I really can't remember the last time I had a bad meal. Troy also does his own take on Pork BBQ, that while isn't pit BBQ, it's a great tasting product that even I, as a die hard BBQ lover can appreciate.

Hungry for a great breakfast? Troy's does that also, 24/7.

Can't write a review without giving props to the waitstaff. Sarah, Wendy and the gang all do a great job, especially the morning and lunch crowd. Dinner has some good folks too, it's just hard to match that of the earlier shift people. They are just the best.

Only down side is that the prices can be a little steep for lunch and breakfast food. Nothing crazy outrageous, and the quality makes up a lot for it, but still, just a little steep. The decor is also a little dated, but then it's supposed to be a 50's diner so I can't really complain. Besides, I'm a dude, what do I care about decor?

All and all I'm a Troy's regular for a reason. Just great food and people all around.

*I have had great meals at all times, but the breakfast and lunch times tend to be a little more consistent.*