“Sinking Ship”

Macado's
Ranked #49 of 148 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Carolina
“Sinking Ship”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

I have been a patron of this restaurant since the 80's. The cool atmosphere and delicious food with such a great variety is a big draw for tourists, locals and App students alike. I have always loved this restaurant and have recommended it to thousands of people over the years. I do not write poor reports unless it is well deserved, and in this case, there has been a huge fail from the owner/management of late. The entire restaurant, especially the kitchen, really needs a good cleaning. The unsanitary condition of the place makes for a dangerous situation for the food - which has already happened. If this is not addressed soon, I am afraid there will be a lot more people getting sick and the health department shutting it down - as it should. I REALLY want the owner to do something about this situation - it is a real easy fix. I want to continue to patron and recommend this restaurant again in the future! I hope the owner and management do not continue to ignore the filth around them.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank LBC319

Denver, NC
“Great place for the family!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

This is perfect place for your family to eat. I had not eaten here in several years and my family had never been. Everything was delicious, service was good and very kid friendly. Only problem here can be getting in the door.

Visited April 2013
Johnson City, Tennessee
“It'll do in a pinch...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is in a college town and the menu goes on and on and on......

The staff were friendly, the service quick, the fries few, the food OK.

Tables were signed and dated by previous customers, a typical college town place.

• Visited April 2013
“Great service and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

Large sandwich variety! Great service and prices. You have to eat a homemade cinnamon bun for dessert. Amazing!

Lake Norman, NC
“I must be too old for this place... :-)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

I was not impressed by Macado's. Our student wanted us to dine here, so we went for an early dinner on a Saturday afternoon. We were seated in the upper section along the wall. Apparently our booth was the divider between waitstaff sections and our waiter didn't know we were 'his table'. So we sat and sat while the wait staff basically ignored us. We finally flagged down some help and we proceeded with our meal. It was too dark for me to read the menu (I'm really not that old!) and I was not 'tuned into' the decor nor the grafitti / carvings in the table/walls, etc. The food was OK at best. The only thing that rated high for me was the cinnamon roll I bought to eat at home. Dang!!! It was the highlight of the day!

• Visited November 2012