“Great sandwiches!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Had sandwiches and beer for an early lunch while watching the Christmas parade. Delicious sandwiches! Portions are large, lots of fresh meat and veggies, would definitively recommend.

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a place to watch football games on Sunday while in Boone. While Macados does have the NFL ticket and at least two large screens in dining room, it is almost impossible to sit and see more than one TV at a time. Also, even of bar is empty, they will not change TV to a game you request. Bartender says that if they change one TV they would be changing them all day. So, since the food is average and service less than average, we went to The Rock on Blowing Rock Rd. where there are plenty of Tv's and they are 100% willing to change TV to the game you need.

2  Thank Anjay2
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Macado's has been around since I was a student at App over 25 years ago. I have eaten here hundreds of times over the years. My favorite is the Doc Watson sandwich. Macado's has a nice bar area and usually has beer specials. The bar will be packed with students on Thur, Fri and Sat nights but that's not so bad. They usually just ignore the old folks. I recommend Macado's over any of the other chain restaurants in Boone.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We were out leaf peeping and decided to stop in Boone for lunch. We looked around for a non-chain restaurant (not easy in this college town), and finally spotted Macado's. (Unknown to us at the time, this is a chain restaurant.) We got a table right away and started looking over the menu. So many choices! And they all looked so good! I got a Carpetbagger--sliced steak, lettuce, tomato, mayo, melted cheddar and 1000 island dressing on a French roll and it was delicious! My partner had the Big Daddy which was also good. We commented a few more times that afternoon about how good the sandwiches were. A great find as far as we were concerned. Yum!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I seem to be at odds with the majority of reviews here....first they tried to seat us at a table that was a whirlygig...shifted, bowed, moved like a helicopter...then they tried seating two more groups there...all refused....you'd think they get a clue.....my sandwich, the Ziegfeld was great but the other 3 meals were barely average....then my waitress just shrugged her shoulders when I asked why the french onion soup had no crouton/bread and no cheese on top....nothing. One of our party got a look at the kitchen and was compelled to ask about their health department inspection score...scary....all while a couple at a nearby table were refusing to pay for some aspect of their meal. Sorry 4 star reviewers, but I'd take a pass here in future

1  Thank matapeake