“Excellent food.”

Ranked #36 of 156 Restaurants in Boone
Price range: US$3 - US$17
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Service was second to none.
Menu was fantastic.
Restaurant was comfortable.
Food was superb and not so expensive.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The best restaurant in town. It is locally owned and operated. The service is always great. The food comes out quickly also. I love the Pollo San Jose. I eat it every time we go there, which is weekly to bi weekly.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The wait staff was very attentive, and we were served quickly. The food was okay, but nothing special. We ordered wine (chardonnay) that was served at room temp. It was probably our mistake to order wine in a Mexican restaurant -- live and learn!! The thing that saved it was that they only charged $3 a glass.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Not sure if their "Dos Amigos" entry is really Mexican. The beef tips were done okay, but the flavoring was not like anything I'd expect in a Mexican restaurant. . . kind of bland. My wife had a similar comment about the beef in her taco salad. Overall, just missed the mark, and I love Mexican food so much that I'm rarely picky.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Another trip back to Dos Amigos and as always, the food did not disappoint. This night the service was a little bit slower but, I think it was because it was a Sunday evening and they didn't have as many wait staff. Those that were there were constantly on the go and there were a couple of bigger tables to get taken care of. The food was good and the portions LARGE! The price you pay for the amount of food you get is good also. They have some very good authentic dishes and some that are more "gringoized" if you would prefer. Even with all of his running about and trying to get the tables taken care, our waiter was very polite and friendly. Everyone there always is, even on Cinco de Mayo when you can't move in the place!