“What happened?” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 148 Restaurants in Boone
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sanibel Island, Florida
“What happened?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

My family has been dining at this restaurant for years. Recently we went for lunch and it wasn't the same. After being seated for twenty minutes we had to go find a server to place our drink order. I preferred the French onion soup! It was awesome and I would recommend it to anyone!

1 Thank abbiebel

Boone, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mexico mountain style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Taco Tuesday at pepper is awesome. I could eat 12+. Love the salad bar too. Ended with the always delicious mud pie. Keep up the good work Claude, jack,john

Hudson, NC
“Server where r u?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

A trip to Boone took us to Peppers, a first time visit for my husband. Our drink order was taken fairly promptly but unfortunately the sever's attentiveness went downhill from there. My husband could have eaten three salads before he was given the plate and then we had to ask. The wait for the meals was rather long but the food when finally received was good. I had the roast beef in a croissant with au jus and it was delicious. My husband liked his Reuben as well. In fairness to our server we were in a booth with high walls and therefore unable to see how many other diners he may have been waiting on.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank M H
Avery County NC
“I am so over the old memories of Pepper's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Each time I swear it is the last time but everyone wants to go, remembering how it was. We it was good now its barely poor. I order the triple app of fried mushrooms, onion rings and cheese sticks. The menu said the onions rings and mushrooms were done fresh daily, they tasted old, both batter and the oil they were fried in. My companion had the sprout sandwich, the chips and the pickle were the best part of the meal. We did split a carrot cake cupcake which was okay.

It was pricey for what we got. The apps were terrible and not fresh at all.

Now I watched the staff. I watched a wait person comb and put her hair up at the station by the salad bar. The hostess did the same well at the cashier register. Both had long hair and had to bend over and toss their hair. Not what I want to see while eating. I know this is a casual place but the hostess had on a 'summer camp' outfit and had to keep pulling at her shorts to keep them down.

Sadly the owner was there. I do not expect any improvement in this place it has gone down hill over the years and seems to be content to live on past laurels.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank strollingbonez
NC
“Love Pepper's! Great Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very impressed by Pepper's. A stop here has been routine for us on our return trips to Boone for years now. Very good menu, great staff and always a great experience. Highly recommend this place for a bite to eat while visiting the High Country!

• Visited July 2014