“A very nice meal”
Review of The Red Onion Cafe

The Red Onion Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
The Red Onion Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 149 Restaurants in Boone
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Newcastle, Australia
“A very nice meal”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We choose the pleasant outdoor area to enjoy our well prepared and delicious tasting salmon meals with a crisp Pinot Grigio.

• Visited May 2014

Boone, North Carolina
“Always Great”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am a local and I visit The Red Onion frequently. I have tried about 10 different items on their menu and I have never had a dish I did not like. The last time I visited, I had their traditional spaghetti and meatballs. AWESOME! This was some of the best spaghetti and meatballs I have had. And the portion was huge. I could not finish it. My favorite dish is the Cajun Chicken Pasta. Again, the portions are big. My wife and I will usually get this and we usually have about another serving left over for lunch the next day.

They have a big menu with lots of items. Everything from Pizza, sandwiches, seafood, pasta, steak, etc.

Visited April 2014
Silverthorne
“Very great tastes”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

wide variety on the menu. Both the wife and I liked our selections. Staff very attentive. Easy location next to the university.

Visited May 2014
Sugar Land, Texas
“Great food & presentation”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

If you want a great meal, head into Onion Cafe. The highlighted meals are their specials and they are delicious! I had the salmon dinner. My husband had the chicken (both Highlighted). Delicious.

• Visited April 2014
Elk Park, North Carolina
“Slightly Disappointed”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was so excited about going to dinner at the Red Onion Café. One of my co-worker’s had recommended it numerous times and when my husband asked me where I wanted to go on our date night it was no contest!
We went on a very busy Saturday night. The food was very well made and good, we were pleased with the value but the service really lacked. Our waitress was seemed very uninterested and we were not asked once if we wanted our drinks refilled.
I would recommend this restaurant to my friends but maybe for take-out!

• Visited December 2013