“Always enjoy my meal here.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mr Original Gyros - CLOSED

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout
“Always enjoy my meal here.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

I go to school in Boone and I often frequent Mr. O's. I always enjoy my food. Staff is usually very friendly and I'm always full when I leave. Get the Greek fries!

naples, fl
“Surprising but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

We were taken to this strip mall restaurant by a local friend, and the outside almost made me want to ask for another choice. But it was someone we trusted so we went inside. Nothing to write home about in terms of decor or ambience but the food is good. Waitress was friendly and helpful
in explaining some of the menu items we were not familiar with and service was attentive. Gyro and salads appeared fresh and well made and the prices were modest. If this were a greek neighborhood, my expectations would be higher--however, considering that this is a small town in rural NC--absolutely no complaints about our experience.

• Visited July 2012
Mt. Airy
“Dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

My husband and I stopped here for dinner after our inn-keeper told us about the food. We were looking forward to authentic Greek food. My husband had a gyro, which was your typical gyro, and he had no complains. I had the souvlaki (pork with Greek seasonings). It was served just like a gyro, but the meat was tough and hard to chew.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank twinm0m
North Miami Beach, Florida, United States
“Fresh Greek Salad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

I was driving home and feeling the need for something quick. Mr. Original Gyros served up a fresh, fresh Greek salad topped with homemade potato salad that really surprised me. I had eaten there before, but the salad was much fresher than I remember. Friendly service too.

• Visited June 2012
Boone, North Carolina
“Good Greek, not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012 via mobile

Mostly use MO's for take out Greek when in the mood. Souvlaki dishes are the best to me. SWMBO likes the meatball and eggplant items. Not cheap