“a good concept poorly executed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 147 Restaurants in Boone
Price range: US$10 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Here at The Peddler Steak House it is all about the steak! At The Peddler Steakhouse, you will see your Ribeye custom cut right at your table! The Ribeye is The Peddler's signature steak and is always cooked to perfection! If you are not in a Ribeye kind of mood, the Peddler steak house offers a variety of beef. Everything from slow cooked Prime Rib to succulent "cut with your fork" filets. The Peddler also offers a variety of other selections like seafood, an extensive salad bar, and a light eaters menu.
n va
“a good concept poorly executed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

An intimate decor well laid out. Menu in the $25-30 range; ~$50 per person with drinks and tip. Cut table side rib eye the attraction. Steak was very good. That being said, the downside. Service was marginal at best. Sides and presentation well below average. Condiments (butter/sour cream) served in small plastic containers (think Denny’s). Nothing distinguished the salad bar from those in other less priced eateries. This restaurant has significant potential, but at this time it remains unrealized. At this price point I assume there are other options that will provide a better experience.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank parafrog

Autryville, North Carolina
“The best in Boone.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

The Peddler is our favorite restaurant in Boone, NC. We have a home in Blowing Rock and we eat there a few times every chance we get to go up. The food is great and the service is second to none. I would advise anyone who gets a chance to go to Boone, NC to try it. I guarantee you will not be dissapointed.

Boone, North Carolina
“A Great Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

We ate at this friendly establishment and truly enjoyed a great steak. The meat was aged and prepared to perfection, The salad bar was fantastic, even a Vegetarian would be happy with all the choices. The atmosphere was romantic and quiet, staff very attentive to all our needs. Murray the owner has continued to do an amazing job with his establishment through the years. We are proud to recommend his business to our guests, at Wahoos Adventures every time!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ! And thanks for the great food....

“Glad I found it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

I've been coming to Boone for 25 years and just ate here for the first time. I don't remember anyone recommending The Peddler Steakhouse! Maybe they have and I wasn't interested in steak, in fact I wasn't tonight but The Peddler was walking distance from the Fairfield Inn where I'm staying. They told me at the hotel that this is the place for the best steak in Boone. I had the filet and it was excellent! Tender, flavorful and cooked just right. They had a cart that "The Peddler" rolled around cutting rib eyes to order, next time I'll go that route. I have been going to Ruby Tuesday in Boone for the salad bar but The Peddler has a very nice salad bar with smoked oysters and caviar! When I'm in Boone I'll be having dinner at The Peddler Steakhouse. Soon time I may have the Ahi Tuna or one of the other seafood choices!

Visited August 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Simple but tremendous”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

this has been a staple of the high country restaurant scene for 35 plus years. menu and decor have remained the same - but so has the quality. one of my favorite places in the entire country to get a steak. ribeye is always tastey and done just right. the salad bar is simple but always well done with home made dressings. and the onion soup is a tradition. whenever i am back in town i always have make sure i visit the peddler