“for adults”

Ranked #28 of 148 Restaurants in Boone
Price range: US$10 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Here at The Peddler Steak House it is all about the steak! At The Peddler Steakhouse, you will see your Ribeye custom cut right at your table! The Ribeye is The Peddler's signature steak and is always cooked to perfection! If you are not in a Ribeye kind of mood, the Peddler steak house offers a variety of beef. Everything from slow cooked Prime Rib to succulent "cut with your fork" filets. The Peddler also offers a variety of other selections like seafood, an extensive salad bar, and a light eaters menu.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“for adults”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

The service was wonderful, and our waiter was excellent. We had our grandsons who are 6 & 8. Their menu is not very child friendly, but they were happy to make a cheeseburger for our 6 year old.

Visited July 2014

sebastian, florida
“This place has character!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I read the review from the person who said "1975 called and they want their decor back" before we went there. I have to tell you, 1968 is more like it! It reminded me of the "Hitching Post" in Sideways. With that being said, my filet Mignon was awesome! My wife's prime rib excellent and junior loved his rib-eye. The service was awesome and a bit comical as the guy who brings the raw steaks on a cart to help you choose, rolled it out a little too early. They also make the guys were berets which I reminded me of how emasculated Judge Reinhold felt in Fast Times at Ridgemont High when he had to wear that pirate outfit. It was a pleasurable experience. As for the decor, yes they need to dump those weird woven basket type dust collectors. But I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited July 2014
Richmond, KY
“1975 called, it wants its decor back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I don't understand the rave reviews this place gets, it was ordinary for the price. The atmosphere of the place was down right bizzare, the decor was straight out of the 70's and it looked like that was the last time the place was dusted. I have eaten at the Peddlers in Gatlinburg and thoroughly enjoyed it but this experience was less than stellar. One thing that is unique about the place is how they bring the meat cart around. Well, the guy walled up to our table without the cart and said Iit was too much trouble getting it back to our table. This is what they are known for, why would they have a table in a place where they couldn't get the cart?. A little later he pushes the cart up next to the table beside us. Maybe because it was a table of 5 women he thought we wouldn't care, he was wrong, so much for that part of the dining experience. The salad bar was small and nothing special. I am sorry that we didnt take the time to find out what other places might have been better. Ln I took the word of a friend and from now on I will question her tastes! :-)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Richmond_KYCarol
Blackstone, Virginia, United States
“Peddler to Go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I called in an order for pick up to take back to the hotel rather than wait an hour. I ordered a filet mignon, grilled shrimp, French fries, grilled onion, blue cheese butter, and a side salad. The side salad was HUGE. Imatenthemremainder for lunch the next day. The food was cooked perfectly, and I enjoyed each bite. The plastic utensils were very sturdy (a necessity if you're cutting steak). I spent about $40 and for the amount of food, plus the quality of the food, I feel it was money well spent.

Visited June 2014
Denton, North Carolina
“Wonderful Food/ Must Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

If your in Boone and want a wonderful all over experience you must visit this restaurant! The steaks are brought to your table, you choose which steak you would like to have prepared for you. They cut the steak in the ounces you would like. Ours were cooked perfectly to our request and almost melted in your mouth. They also have a wonderful salad bar that is included with your meal. By the way, if you still have room for just a bit more check out their desserts. A perfect ending to a perfect meal. The staff is on top of things as well, making sure your visit is the best.

• Visited May 2014