“Very tasty vegan food available on the menu!”

Our Daily Bread Delicatessen
Ranked #3 of 148 Restaurants in Boone
Price range: US$7 - US$10
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pinecrest, Florida
“Very tasty vegan food available on the menu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Although not touted as a vegetarian, or vegan, restaurant, I stumbled across this delightful cafe in the heart of Boone, NC, and decided to try it out. Sometimes I eat vegan in order to eat light, and ordered the grilled pesto panini sandwich, with fruit salad. It was excellent! For dessert I had some chocolate cake, but they had some very attractive looking cheese cakes there (which I avoided this evening). I should mention that most of the offerings at this restaurant did include "regular" meat-lovers items, and their breads seem very fresh baked. I really enjoyed it, and would recommend it for lunch or a casual dinner.

“Mixed reviews ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped by here on a Sunday, and to be honest, I'm not sure what I thought. Very mixed reviews.

They opened at noon, and when we walked by about 11:45 a small crowd had formed outside waiting to get in when they opened. To us, that was a promising sign that this place was good.

We were a larger party (10) and they had no tables that could seat any large parties, so we took two booths which was fine although not ideal. If you have a large group (over 6) I wouldn't recommend it.

The service was a little slow (took over 25 min for food to come out, some people in our group waited over 35 min, it was difficult to get water refills, etc.) but our waiter was very nice and seemed to really love his job and his coworkers.

One huge drawback I had was the sanitation score. In NC, restaurants are required to post their health department sanitation score given upon random health inspection. These scores range from a perfect (102) to really low. Our Daily Bread had a 90 at the time we went. That's not only the lowest I've ever seen, but means the place would have had to have a LONG list of violations. To put it in perspective, most restaurants average about a 97 sanitation score and have about 4-5 violations. A 90 is almost in the "b" sanitation range which is horrible.

So with that being said, I didn't eat and I can't judge the quality of the food. However, other members of our party did and they said the food was good- particularly the rueben sandwich. Another pro to this place is they feature bread from the Stick Boy Bakery which we have had, and is delicious.

All in all, I wouldn't return until their sanitation score drastically improves.

1 Thank ChelseaUT
Parrottsville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the resturant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I ate the Chicken Salad and bowl of soup Broccoli they both were great. I cannot wait to go back They have very good sweet tea also. My Husband ate smoked ham sandwich and he was very pleased with the sandwich. The service is excellent and we did not have to wait long at all to get our food.

Winter Haven, Florida
“Good lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Random choice for lunch, but it was very good. We had salads that were excellent and came with some kind of sweet bread that you can buy at the front counter. Very crowded and servers were rushed, but took very good care of us. Only complaint is that they do not have "normal" beer. No Michelob Ultra, but if you like craft beer, they have it all!

• Visited May 2014
Savannah, Georgia
“A disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I stopped in for lunch and was disappointed. I had the featured sandwich strawberry, turkey, basil and brie press. Did not work. Hubby had the roast beef with smoked Gouda and some king of red (sauce) stuff. Dry and tastless Pasta salad was just pasta and red (sauce) stuff ours had nothing else. Potato salad was ok.