“Delicious.”

Vidalia
Ranked #6 of 156 Restaurants in Boone
Price range: US$8 - US$45
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Upscale casual dining specializing in creative American cuisine focusing on local/regional cuisine and products. Extensive wine and specialty beer lists including mixed beverages.
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We stumbled upon Vidalia while searching TripAdvisor for a local BBQ joint. The entire family was wanting to experience the local cuisine while we were vacationing near Boone and I am so glad we chose Vidalia!! We were actually being served by the co-owner (something we discovered after seeing her picture framed in the back near the restrooms), which explained her perfect knowledge of each dish. We started with the delightful onion rings and macaroni and cheese appetizers. We later added their steamed mussels appetizer much to the delight of my husband. I joined several in our family and selected the crab cakes for my entree, adding a side of the fabulous "grown up" macaroni and cheese. Perfect service and impeccably prepared food. Who could ask for more? I would recommend reservations - We called ahead for our party of 12. The restaurant was surprisingly full for a Wednesday night.

2  Thank Indygrits99

Reviewed 22 June 2014

What a great find! Crowded even on Sunday evening. Service was friendly. Wonderful new take on Chicken and Dumplings, with sweet potato gnocchi in place of doughy dumplings. And the contemporary version of meatloaf...wow! Desserts were excellent . Beware, the house-made ice cream trio comes in three bowls! Very good meal.

2  Thank rac-columbus
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We LOVED it. We were a little worried when we were treated rudely by a hostess. SO GLAD we didn't walk away. Our little waitress was great. We sat at the bar for a an extraordinary taste fest. Julius and his fellas did it up right. My husband and I enjoyed every single bite from the pickles to the soup to the sandwiches. Can't wait to visit again. What a jewel of a restaurant! Make a reservation -- they are expanding soon. Thanks to Julius for spoiling us. Yum!

3  Thank Deb H
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I with two young sons stopped into Vidalia and were blown away. A unique menu with nice variation (our wives are vegetarian, my brother and I like our meat) Every single thing our table ordered was amazing, no complaints and the homemade desserts were mind blowing! Highly recommend!

2  Thank Hughblake
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had eaten at Vidalia when we were in Boone several years ago, so we couldn't wait to go back during this trip. We were not disappointed! The owners have created an innovative menu using many local ingredients. There is also a nice wine list with many selections that aren't terribly expensive. The staff is knowledgeable about pairing wines with food, so don't hesitate to ask if you aren't sure what to order. We split the Dried Fig, Prosciutto and Balsamic Salad appetizer -- wow!! Beautiful presentation with a wonderful burst of flavors. I had the NC Trout for dinner, which was delicious, and the portion was quite generous. My husband had the Seared Ahi Tuna and said it was perfectly prepared and one of the best he had eaten in a long time. Although we didn't have room for dessert, the options were many and all sounded very tempting.

As mentioned in another review, be sure to make reservations as there aren't a lot of tables, and you won't want to miss dinner here.

1  Thank Sheryl C