“a beau in boone”

Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2013

a great little restaurant, a warm interior, inviting decor in an otherwise nob-descript strip mall. in boone of all places!

great dinner, great staf, interesting wine selection. staff recognizes your 'needs' and leaves you alone. alltogether a superb experience.

we shall return,

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Service was OK - nothing spectacular by any means. Food is good. Atmosphere is mediocre. Overpriced. Prices at the restaurant are $2-6 higher than listed here, on this website. Even, do not match restaurant's website - which is unheard. I must be missing something in these raving reviews about the place. Will not be back, period. OK palace, but does not deserve 5 stars review.

4  Thank Verzo
claudomy, Owner at Joy Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

I am sorry that the information you looked up was incorrect. I am working on getting the menu changed on this website. I do hope you will give us another chance. Our website menu is current and correct.
Thanks!

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

What a great surprise! My husband and I came to Boone for our honeymoon and we decided we wanted to go to a nice dinner. When I seen this place from the outside I thought I was over dressed. Walking in I was quickly reasured that i was dressed perfectly. The food was amazing. I was so surprised at what this place had to offer. I had the filet mignon and my husband had the black and bleu. Simply amazing. Anyone who has paid for a nice dinner knows this place is priced perfectly. Our bill was a little over $100 with the tip. The waitress was very helpful and very friendly. Service is a little slow but that is to be expected because of the quality of the food. It is a great place to go for a nice date. Just plan a couple hours for eating. We are already planning our second trip to Joy Bistro.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Cute bistro with warm ambiance. Table was ready before reservation time showing good planning and organization. All the food was excellent , perfectly prepared and presented. Very reasonable wine prices with a good selection. Service was very good, friendly and professional. My wife is a slow eater and they allowed us all to finish before clearing the main course plates, for us an important point. Kitchen was visible from the restaurant, always a sign of confidence. Would definitely go back anytime.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

The food was simply wonderful, our waitress provided superb service, and the chef was beyond accommodating for my myriad food allergies. Joy Bistro will be a must-stop for my future Boone visits!