“Nothing to write home about”
Review of Golden Corral - CLOSED

Golden Corral
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

We visited for dinner on Saturday night. It was very busy but the buffet was well stocked. The food however was only average. Our waitress was less than attentive and we had to get her attention every time we needed a refill. Not our first choice but it filled us up!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The food was not well presented...some of it looked as though it had been out all day long. Because we decided to take our food back to the hotel, the food was weighed and we paid by the pound...for the two of us, the bill came to $35 and we only had a small salad, an average dinner portion plate and a small bowl of bread pudding for dessert. I will never eat at a GC again unless I intend to dine in. Also, my the next time I decide to pay over $30 for a meal, it will be at a restaurant where I know the food is going to be good and enjoyable. The food tasted ok. It was not hot by the time we got to our hotel (across the parking lot). I was disappointed in the value...we didn't even get drinks....$35....really??? I needed to have my tail kicked for paying that!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We went to this Golden Corral in Boone for the breakfast buffet yesterday, Sunday. We were expecting it to be packed, but were pleasantly surprised that it was not. I had an excellent omelet made fresh at the omelet station. Everything I had was great, except for the gravy, which tasted like canned. The hashbrowns were also excellent. We are coming here for lunch before we leave!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Food was good, hot, fresh and service was great. Thought it was a little pricy for seniors but they did have steak which my husband loves! We would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Excellent food considering the large volume of food prepared. Service mediocre. If you are very hungry you will be pleased.