“Comfortable and Quiet”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lake Mary, Florida
“Comfortable and Quiet”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This hotel was definitely one of the better ones I've visited. It is quiet with little disturbance from traffic and it has spacious rooms. The bathrooms especially are large and are very modern. The hotel is clean and well-maintained. The breakfast served every morning was just right, with a variety of protein and vitamins to start the day. Not to mention their cinnamon buns! The beds are a little lumpy, but other than that they were comfortable.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms, especially the ones with balconies, tend to provide great views!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
North Carolina
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We've stayed here before and found it acceptable. However, last week we encountered bed linens that were so pilled, they were uncomfortable. We requested new linens - and we received them, but they were only moderately better than the previous linens. The pillows were the lumpiest I had ever seen -- very much past their "expiration" date. Very small, low, low quality bath towels and they only gave us 3. The rooms and bedding need some updating. They were updating the first floor below with new carpet, etc. But they should not be ignoring the bedding for the other rooms. The breakfast has also been reduced. This will probably be our last stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Olga M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear NorthCarolinaMolly,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a candid review. I am very disappointed to hear about your recent experience. I would like to offer a sincere apology if we fell below your expectations. I would like to assure you that we care a lot about our guests’ comfort and that the issues you mentioned will certainly be looked into. Once again, I am very sorry your stay was not 100% satisfactory. I hope that we get another chance to welcome you as our guest in the future.

Olga Monfiston
Guest Services Manager
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This hotel was in the perfect location for the midway point of our trip along the Blue Ridge Parkway. I had no idea Boone was so busy and had so many options for shopping and dining, several of which were close to the hotel. Hotel was beautiful and looked new. Rooms were very nice and the breakfast was great. Really enjoyed this hotel!

Room Tip: Pool was outdoor and was closed for the season when we stayed, so be sure to check.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed at this property for 5 nights, so got to know it well. I would be pleased to stay again. Hotel is attractive, modern, and clean. Check in was easy and efficient. Rooms are great, with very large bathrooms, nice roomy shower and plenty of soap, etc. Housekeeping is top notch. Beds are a little lumpy, but still surprisingly comfortable. Hotel is quiet, so sleeping is delicious. The included breakfast is high quality, including scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, biscuits and gravy (or no gravy), milk, juices, cereals, breads, bagels and the amazing signature cinnamon rolls that are just amazing. Really amazing. You will like this hotel, so stay here!

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I came back since my last stay back in April and must say that things were even better than the last time!

I was greeted by the night auditor, Chris, when I arrived at 2:00AM. He was much more cheery than I would be if I were at work at 2am. Friendly service upon arrival is always a nice touch. Check-in was quick and flawless.

Special thanks to Tiffany who put up with me coming up to the desk for help about five different times with various questions. She was super helpful and nice and gave us a late checkout so we could have time to decide whether or not we wanted to stay another night. We ended up staying again because the service is so good and the rooms are nice and spacious.

Also, the two housekeepers, Hope and Cassie, were in our room when we came back from a conference we attended. Like the rest of the staff, they were very friendly and we enjoyed talking with them while they cleaned the room. I must say, this is one of the cleanest Holiday Inn's I've stayed at.

This is my go-to hotel in Boone. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I personally like the fourth or fifth floor, facing the mountain.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Excellent value for money, great location for restaurants. We stayed for one night and had a king room for under $130 including all taxes which included breakfast. This was reasonably as the room was very clean and the staff very efficient. Would definitely stay again when we return to Boone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Salisbury, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 November 2013

$192 for one night? That was the total for our room, tax included. Yes, it was Saturday night during the leaf season, and yes, App State had a late afternoon home football game. Still, I think that $40-$50 more than it should have been. The room was very nice and very clean. The bed was comfortable and in spite of seeming to be nearly full, the hotel was very quiet. The breakfast was excellent. The food was hot and fresh and there was a good selection. We didn't have much interaction with the staff, but when we did it was pleasant and professional. We would probably still stay here, just grimace a little at the price on those "peak" weekends.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Olga M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear lordnelson1805,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our hot breakfast and that you found our rooms to be clean and beds comfortable. I greatly appreciate your comments about our staff as well. I am very sorry that the room rate was higher than you expected and I apologize if it negatively impacted your experience at our hotel. If you have flexibility in dates I would recommend making you future reservations on weekdays (Sunday – Thursday) as the rates typically go up on Fridays and Saturdays. Once again, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We know that you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope that you continue to choose our hotel for your future travel needs.

Olga Monfiston