“Good Hotel, Great Service”

Holiday Inn Express Boone
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Boone
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Hotel, Great Service”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel with my wife over the Christmas vacation period to go skiing nearby at Sugar.
The room was clean, it even had a balcony, which I really liked, and the standard Holiday Inn Express amenities. I do think that their service is very good, the night guy: Chris, helped me out with a problem I was having with the IHG reward points and was polite and folksy with everyone that came to the counter. Made me feel at home and taken care of.
The only minus was the heater control, they have the older kind where you set a type on the window unit, I like the thermostat with the temperature control better, but altogether this was an excellent hotel that I'll stay at every time I visit Boone.

Room Tip: Ask for the balcony rooms, not much of a view or very big, but they're nice to walk out on.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This hotel was definitely one of the better ones I've visited. It is quiet with little disturbance from traffic and it has spacious rooms. The bathrooms especially are large and are very modern. The hotel is clean and well-maintained. The breakfast served every morning was just right, with a variety of protein and vitamins to start the day. Not to mention their cinnamon buns! The beds are a little lumpy, but other than that they were comfortable.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms, especially the ones with balconies, tend to provide great views!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We've stayed here before and found it acceptable. However, last week we encountered bed linens that were so pilled, they were uncomfortable. We requested new linens - and we received them, but they were only moderately better than the previous linens. The pillows were the lumpiest I had ever seen -- very much past their "expiration" date. Very small, low, low quality bath towels and they only gave us 3. The rooms and bedding need some updating. They were updating the first floor below with new carpet, etc. But they should not be ignoring the bedding for the other rooms. The breakfast has also been reduced. This will probably be our last stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Olga M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear NorthCarolinaMolly,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a candid review. I am very disappointed to hear about your recent experience. I would like to offer a sincere apology if we fell below your expectations. I would like to assure you that we care a lot about our guests’ comfort and that the issues you mentioned will certainly be looked into. Once again, I am very sorry your stay was not 100% satisfactory. I hope that we get another chance to welcome you as our guest in the future.

Olga Monfiston
Guest Services Manager
Holiday Inn Express Boone
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This hotel was in the perfect location for the midway point of our trip along the Blue Ridge Parkway. I had no idea Boone was so busy and had so many options for shopping and dining, several of which were close to the hotel. Hotel was beautiful and looked new. Rooms were very nice and the breakfast was great. Really enjoyed this hotel!

Room Tip: Pool was outdoor and was closed for the season when we stayed, so be sure to check.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed at this property for 5 nights, so got to know it well. I would be pleased to stay again. Hotel is attractive, modern, and clean. Check in was easy and efficient. Rooms are great, with very large bathrooms, nice roomy shower and plenty of soap, etc. Housekeeping is top notch. Beds are a little lumpy, but still surprisingly comfortable. Hotel is quiet, so sleeping is delicious. The included breakfast is high quality, including scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, biscuits and gravy (or no gravy), milk, juices, cereals, breads, bagels and the amazing signature cinnamon rolls that are just amazing. Really amazing. You will like this hotel, so stay here!

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I came back since my last stay back in April and must say that things were even better than the last time!

I was greeted by the night auditor, Chris, when I arrived at 2:00AM. He was much more cheery than I would be if I were at work at 2am. Friendly service upon arrival is always a nice touch. Check-in was quick and flawless.

Special thanks to Tiffany who put up with me coming up to the desk for help about five different times with various questions. She was super helpful and nice and gave us a late checkout so we could have time to decide whether or not we wanted to stay another night. We ended up staying again because the service is so good and the rooms are nice and spacious.

Also, the two housekeepers, Hope and Cassie, were in our room when we came back from a conference we attended. Like the rest of the staff, they were very friendly and we enjoyed talking with them while they cleaned the room. I must say, this is one of the cleanest Holiday Inn's I've stayed at.

This is my go-to hotel in Boone. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I personally like the fourth or fifth floor, facing the mountain.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Excellent value for money, great location for restaurants. We stayed for one night and had a king room for under $130 including all taxes which included breakfast. This was reasonably as the room was very clean and the staff very efficient. Would definitely stay again when we return to Boone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple