“Great stay for a great city”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Boone
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“Great stay for a great city”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have stayed here for three years in a row. I go to the Nascar race in Bristol, and Boone has great accommodations, restaurants, and activities. I prefer this hotel above the rest because of their friendly and helpful staff, balcony rooms, and location. My sister stays at a different hotel every year but they never offer as much value as this one. Another big value is the wide array of things to do within walking distance, including Appalachian State University.

Room Tip: I prefer the balcony rooms on the front of the hotel. They face the city rather than the neighborhoo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GammaMan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Raleigh
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My wife and I have stayed at most of the chain hotels in the Boone area visiting our son at App State. The location is pretty convenient to the university, downtown, Blowing Rock, and the Appalachian Ski Resort. The room was very clean and the complimentary breakfast was much better than most of the light continentals served in other hotels. Free wi-fi too!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Went to the hotel for New Years Eve 2013, and had a lovely stay. I went with my husband and the beds were very comfortable and the room was spacious. The room was clean and the front desk people were very nice. It was only 12 miles from Sugar Mountain, so it was convenient to go snowboarding in the morning. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The hotel iteself is good. The rooms are large and the bathroom is large. The beds are very lumpy and the pillows are not that great. I had seen this on reviews before staying but I thought it couldn't be that bad.. I got very little sleep due to the bed hurting my back. I had a room near the end of the hall so the room was very quite. We didn't have breakfast. I stayed on a weekend and they quit serving at 9:30 which I thought was a little early. Overall the price was pretty good but I was glad I only stayed one night.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor near the end of the hall it was very quite.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Olga M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear 55butterfly,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you liked our hotel and found our rooms to be spacious and quiet. I am very sorry if the beds and pillows in your room were not comfortable. I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me at olga@expressboone.com with the information about your room number so that we can appropriately address this issue. Once again, I apologize for any discomfort and inconvenience you might have experienced during your stay.

Olga Monfiston
Guest Services Manager
Greensboro
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My family and I recently spent two nights here. We checked in at 6:30 pm and went to our rooms one of which had not been cleaned. The rooms were dark even with all the lights on. The trash cans in front of the hotel and in the breakfast area were overflowing with garbage. One of our rooms was never cleaned or serviced on the second day of our stay. At breakfast on one morning the only fruit offered was bananas. On the second morning they had no fruit and except for instant oatmeal no other healthy food options. This hotel was a poor value.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear PDS81,

Thank you very much for your candid review. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the issues you experienced during your stay. I am very sorry you received service that was unacceptable. I would like to assure you that your comments are extremely important to us. We will most certainly use your feedback to address the shortcomings and make sure similar situations are avoided in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Olga Monfiston
Guest Services Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel with my wife over the Christmas vacation period to go skiing nearby at Sugar.
The room was clean, it even had a balcony, which I really liked, and the standard Holiday Inn Express amenities. I do think that their service is very good, the night guy: Chris, helped me out with a problem I was having with the IHG reward points and was polite and folksy with everyone that came to the counter. Made me feel at home and taken care of.
The only minus was the heater control, they have the older kind where you set a type on the window unit, I like the thermostat with the temperature control better, but altogether this was an excellent hotel that I'll stay at every time I visit Boone.

Room Tip: Ask for the balcony rooms, not much of a view or very big, but they're nice to walk out on.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This hotel was definitely one of the better ones I've visited. It is quiet with little disturbance from traffic and it has spacious rooms. The bathrooms especially are large and are very modern. The hotel is clean and well-maintained. The breakfast served every morning was just right, with a variety of protein and vitamins to start the day. Not to mention their cinnamon buns! The beds are a little lumpy, but other than that they were comfortable.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms, especially the ones with balconies, tend to provide great views!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family