“mouse droppings!”

Mountain Villa Motor Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boone
Mountain Villa Motor Lodge
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Mountain Villa Motor Lodge
in Boone NC. It was the dirtiest room I have ever seen! There was mouse droppings on the bathroom floor and in the window sill. There was mold growing up the door and on the floor. The whole room smelled of mildew and I'm sure it was in the walls. The curtains were mildewed and stained and only half hanging from the rod. The rugs didn't look like they had seen a vacuum in quite a while and there were hair bands in the floor left by the last occupants. There was trash and dirt under the beds. And the towels were stained. The sink was also dripping a lot of water and we couldn't get it to stop.

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jmurray_525

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I will start with my husband and I needed a place to stay for one night for we were in Boone because our first grandchild was being born. It being a college town we didn't know a game was going on that night and what few rooms were left around town were ridiculously priced. I found Mountain Villa on TripAdvisor and the reviews were decent enough. Again, we didn't want to pay a lot just for one night. We stayed in a room with one double bed (which saved us $10.)

I can only speak for our room (#5) but it was very outdated with a slight "old" smell to it and was as clean as you can expect one to be. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were extremely thin but when we asked for more, they brought us some very nice pillows. Our room did not have garbage cans, TV remote, refrigerator, shampoo or hair dryer.

Overall if you need a place to rest your head for the night, its ok but I wouldn't stay here any longer than that. Unless their other rooms are better. Be sure and ask to see them before commiting.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2012

This place is nothing but fantastic,We stay here everytime we come thru the parkway.Even brought folks as far as England here to stay.They got a great hottub,I even liked these folks so much I cooked them a Steak Dinner one night And we had pizza the second night.They are actually my Boone N.C. Family and i know they gonna remember me not by name but by my Pomerainians and also by Bernie and Tammy Jordan.We haven't gotten to vacation in 2 yrs but a stop there is planned. And the hot tubs great after along day hiking,they are right on the strip of shopping and food places.You can walk too it which i like to do.Also close to the Parkway,Gas Blowing Rock .Grandfather Mt,and Tweetsie RR and Mystery Hill.Not only the places you visit here are great, But the people you met and talk too make all the difference,I had a blast .North Carolina has the Hospitalety down pat,And the biggest reason is , because its just a way of life.Find myself wishin i was there now. If you want overpriced rooms don't stay here.But if you want nice clean rooms,great location and ask to be sure but pet friendly,and just great people stay here cause when ya leave you feel like you leavin kin folks.
Tammy and Bernie Jordan

Room Tip: They all are good stay in several differnt ones .I had to check 2011 to post actully it was sept.201...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank backwoodsbern
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Planning our trip we reviewed all the Boone & local motels, we wanted a cheap rate and found the Mountain Villa Motor Lodge motel. Some reviews were awful but being the people we are we gave it a chance. WE stayed overnight for trout fishing locally the next day.

This place was QUIET, CLEAN and very accomodating for the price and conveience in its location. The people running the motel, staying at the motel and working at the motel were all SUPER FRIENDLY!!!!!! You couldn't hope to meet nicer people and a few of their pets!

The bed was a bit lumpy but no worse than ours at home, which isn't lumpy but surely causes sore backs every morning! The bathroom was very clean!! The towels were super white, no blood stains like in another review!!! It was very quiet and peaceful! The grounds were very well kept and inpsirational as I painted pictures of their trees the morning of our departure! Cable was clear and had lots of channels. The ice machine was full. Coffee was available all day long and there was plenty of informational brochures on what to do and where to go. Customer service was great! And the carpet did not make our feet dirty like reviewed before! Pets are welcome, too!

If you're looking for a quiet and quaint lil place with a great view and located close to everything this is the spot!!!! Snotty perfectionist people would definitely miss the down home charm and personality of this place! I would've loved to experience it when it was first built in the 1960's or 1970's??? Very campy and cool.

PS - If you're coming bring a lil froggy ceramic for the owner and help add to her neat country collection!

Room Tip: The lady lets you see the rooms first...... Maybe the top floor rooms have an even better view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoeHarrell
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I could not believe my eyes when I opened the door; The mattress was in the shape of a "U" and the only way you could sleep on it would be by sleeping in the middle. I don't know why I was so shocked since the office was the next thing to a bar filled with smoke. The room didn't have heat and smelled like mold. I am glad it wasn't shaped in opposite direction --because if it had there probably would have been a body under it!! The office lady gave an attitude when we canceled and told her that we couldn't accept such nasty conditions. I was shocked to read positive reviews and I can only believe they must be paid employees. I would not recommend this joint to anyone unless you are nasty yourself!!!! This pressured us to rush around to find another room and took away from our vacation. DO NOT stay here!!!!

Room Tip: Do your homework
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank tiger555323
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I needed a room for the NASCAR race in Bristol. It was the worst motel I ever stayed in. We checked out after one day. Don't go there.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Don C
Reviewed 29 July 2009

Have visited Boone many, many times and had always wanted to stay here and try it out - but they had been full in the past. So this time we were on a mini vacation with limited funds - and they had a vacancy. Staff was relatively friendly and let us have a key to look at the room first. Didn't look too bad, in fact, for an older property, it wasn't bad at all except for the tiny TV. The price was very reasonable and we liked that! Once in the room, we found that the mattresses were worn completely out and sagging - but decided we could live with that for the price. Unfortunately, there were at least three rooms rented out to construction workers - and more unfortunate - they were next to our room. The young guys worked on a car stereo in the parking lot until dark (around 8:30 PM) with booming, extremely loud music playing. Couldn't believe management would allow this!!!! But decided to be patient and see what happened. Afterwards, the party began in the room next to ours. I don't know how many guys (and girls) were in there but they sure were loud - yelling, shouting, in and out the room with doors slamming. Their van was just outside with the door open and a huge cooler available for their party. Even had guys stand just outside our room and talk on cell phones. I was furious - but husband said to give them a little while to see if they calmed down. At around 10:30 PM I finally called the office to complain and ask how long they were going to allow this kind of behavior. Was told they would send someone to tell them to hold it down. I was called back and told that someone went to talk to them - if so, it certainly never got through to them!!! I was told they were hard working boys and they would probably go to bed soon. I'll admit I was offered another room - but we had been in our pajamas for hours and really didn't want to pack up, get dressed and move to another room when this shouldn't have be allowed in the first place. Finally after 11 - they went to bed. But they were up bright and early at 6 AM making as much noise as the night before! To make matters worse, my husband was awakened in the middle of the night with a roach walking on his foot!!! Needless to say, we would never stay here again or advise anyone else to either. We were offered no apology at check out.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank classy_carolina_lady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boone
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Boone
Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock
#2 of 16 in Blowing Rock
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Boone, NC
Baymont Inn & Suites Boone Near APP State

Been to Mountain Villa Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!