“Romantic, Nostalgic, Womderful!”

Mountain Villa Motor Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boone
Mountain Villa Motor Lodge
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Reviewed 20 November 2006

I visit Boone often and always thought this would be a fun place to stay. My husband and I decided to take a trip to Boone on the spur of the moment one night and had not booked a room anywhere. When my husband called the lodge late that night the owner was on his way to bed but stayed up just to take our reservation.. and left the key to our room on the front of the lobby door. He went out of his way for us, which was wonderful. When we arrived I fell in love with the room (#19); it was something right out of the sixties. One wall was brick and the others, I believe, were wood. The furniture was awesome.

No, this was not the newest motel in the world. But I have stayed in several other places in Boone and the Mountain Villa by far had the most personality and charm. There is also a cute hot tub enclosed by a gazebo with sliding doors, and a small outdoor pool. Next time we will have to take a dip! We had a wonderful time. I reccomend it to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Mrs_Bestlove
There are newer reviews for Mountain Villa Motor Lodge

Reviewed 5 October 2006

Actually not in that bad of shape. Definitely an older motel, but rather quaint and rustic. The bathroom was clean and the beds slept fine. Probably one of the cheapest places to stay in the Boone area. Would recommend for those on a budget or young travelers (early 20s/30s).

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank appstatecutie213
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 25 September 2005

My husband and I prefer to travel with our pets. That can sometimes make it difficult to find a nice place to stay, and that is certainly true in Boone. If you're reading this chances are that you may be in the same position. I read horrible reviews about a couple of places and when I found this hotel and read the positive reviews I decided that we would definitely stay here. What a mistake!!! We didn't go in with high expectations and we didn't plan to spend all of our time in the hotel room, but we did expect a clean, comfortable bed to sleep in. When we walked in the room smelled bad but nothing unbearable. The beds were lumpy and creaky, but once again something we could manage. However the worst part began when my husband lifted the cover and out came a cockroach. After close inspection we didn't find any others so we decided to stay. It was difficult to sleep with the horribly loud air-conditioner (which never got the room quite cool enough to be comfortable sleeping) but at 3:30 in the morning it became impossible to sleep when the smoke alarm started beeping every two or three minutes. I guess the battery needed to be changed. I called downstairs but got no answer. My husband had a meeting early in the morning and I knew it wasn't very likely we'd find a hotel in the middle of the night so we had to stick it out. I'm not sure where the nice service was, during our stay, because I certainly didn't receive any. I was not even given an apology the next morning at checkout when I described our evening. Please take this advice and don't stay here. I wish that someone had written this review before we had our extremely unpleasant experience. There are places slightly outside of town that accept pets and the five or ten minute drive is definitely worth it.

• Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, Il
Reviewed 5 July 2005

We had a great stay at this hotel. The owner would bend over backwards for you, or would try. We were fortunate to stand on their 2 floor lounge area, and see the town fireworks. Then we went for a swim and then to the whirlpool. Its not the most fancy place in town but its a great place to sty. Its also with in walking distance to Walgreens, Walmart and several eating establishments. Highly reccomend.

• Stayed: July 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Schaumburg, IL
Reviewed 6 June 2005

I have been coming to MT Villa for over 14 years and everytime it gets better. Yes the rooms are a little outdated but that gives the place charm. The location is prefect. The pool and hottub are awesome as well. I think what really makes the place is the owners they are so very helpful in helping you find where things are and knowing alot of business in town. The owner always bends over backwards to help you with whatever he can Great Guy!!!. If your looking for a family owned hotel with a great view this is the place. The sunrises are to die for on the veranda.

• Stayed: August 2004
charlotte,nc
Reviewed 2 March 2005

We have stayed there a couple of times and each
time it has been real nice.

This last visit was unusual in that we had a foot
of snow. By next morning the lot was cleared!

We enjoyed watching the snow fall from the heated
jacuzzi, which was very well kept.

We also enjoyed grabbing a cup of coffee and
chatting with the owner in the office.

This is a older motel with nice touches....

We will come back again......

marc
charlotte
OBX

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sebring,Florida
Reviewed 8 October 2004

This is the very best place to stay in boone the people where great the room was wonerderful and very clean.I can't wait to come back and we will be back every year.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member