“horrible prices change from hour to hour”
Review of The Inn at Brevard

The Inn at Brevard
Ranked #4 of 5 Brevard B&B and Inns
Greenville, South Carolina
“horrible prices change from hour to hour”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights in a very over priced suite. Listened to constant dog barking, I had to ask to keep the dog quiet at all hours of the night. The inn keeper was unable to answer any questions we asked of her (clueless). The woman who checked us in was very helpful and pleasant as was the owner. Wouldn't advise anyone to stay here. It was cluttered with tacky old things and we were made to feel very unwelcome by the innkeeper.

Room Tip: Hampton Inn better deal, breakfast, location, no barking dogs who chase you around.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank mart r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
south wales
Reviewed 7 December 2011

!4 nights in Georgia and the Carolina's in a range of reasonably priced hotels and B&B's and this was by far the worst experience we had. Maybe the rooms in the house are better, but be very wary of staying in the Annexe. Albeit on the first floor landing (no lift), it was very reminiscent of a motel (but not as well appointed as the Bates motel!). A door opening directly onto the porch which was furnished with tatty junk yard furniture - a theme that was echoed in the bed rooms and main house. Random and eclectic rather than quaint. These small dark rooms were crammed with two double beds, a tiny bathroom and in our case a heating/ air conditioning unit that produced far more noise than air and just had to be turned off (they substituted it with a small ineffective oil-filled radiator), but given the low temperatures outside we had a very cool night. It was a fall weekend and we expected to pay more, but $200 plus tax felt like a real rip-off for this standard of room. Service? - the young man (Josh?) was pleasant and helpfull, but the housekeeper was positively rude (maybe because we were brits). The breakfast was OK, (though the cook was eccentric!), but that didn't make up for the rest of it. Two highlights - we spotted one of the white squirrels of Brevard in the grounds and secondly, its a short walk in to the town centre (which unfoortunately was shut on a friday night!)

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Annexe! (try one of the other hotels out on the strip)
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank cezmund
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I loved this place to stay. The leaves were changing and my friends and I decided to stay here. What an amazing staff and crew this place has! And the food was even better!

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Nuva
South Carolina
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I am a TripAdvisor aficionado and rarely plan a trip without checking reviews on this website. So, imagine my concern when I found out that my husband had booked us at the Inn at Brevard as a surprise. I immediately came on to this site to look at the reviews and found there are several really negative ones. I anticipated I wasn't going to be thrilled with this B&B. Boy, I could not have been more wrong.

It's a 120 year old inn. It's well maintained and decorated in furniture and accessories that were from the beginning of the 20th century, albeit a little cluttered looking for my taste but very much in keeping with the style of the house.

There are 14 rooms, some in the Main House and some in the 'Annex'. We stayed in the Gentleman's Suite in the main house and never saw the rooms in the Annex. We did, however, have an opportunity to look in nearly every other room in the main house. They all seemed well appointed, each with its own unique style.

The Gentleman's Suite has a queen bed, a sitting area with a settee, chair, TV and gas fireplace. The bathroom seemed to have been recently remodeled and had a spa like feeling, It had a claw foot tub as well as a separate shower and toilet closet. Because it was near the end of the fall season, we paid $150 a night for this room. During peak season it runs for $225 a night.

The Inn at Brevard also offers an outstanding free breakfast from 9-10 each morning as well as free wifi. There is also a very small but fully stocked bar off one of the dining rooms. You are on the 'honor system' when you help yourself to drink in the bar. They also encourage you to help yourself to coffee, tea and sodas located in the kitchen whenever you want.

The very small staff was very attentive. Tammy, the young woman in charge, was exceedingly pleasant and responsive to all requests. When we came back from dinner at the HobNob (great food!) she had the bar open and several guests were hanging out in there having fun.

There is a guest registry in the main hallway. There are pages and pages of favorable comments about guests stay at this Inn. They were very current comments and lots of people indicated this was a return visit for them.

Bed and Breakfasts are not for everyone. We travel the world and often stay in world-class hotels. B&B's are a different sort of experience. It's suppose to be a homey environment and it's just not the same experience you get staying at the Marriott. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank RomewardBound
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I've never posted a review of anything online, but my brief experience with this inn so motivated me to do so now. If I'm able to help even one person avoid staying at this place, then I've done at least one good thing for the world.

The other negative reviews written here say it all. I will attest to the fact that the innkeepers could not be less interested or trained in customer service. They seem far more interested in talking to their friends at the inn's bar. They're rude, unprofessional, sloppily dressed and seem to have no idea how to talk to customers, solve problems, and much more which I don't care to get into.

What galls me the most is their unprofessional attitude in their responses to negative reviews! Go ahead - read them. Every single response seems to blame the customer or have some sort of ridiculous excuse. Not once do you ever see "we screwed up and are taking steps to correct the problem." Though even if they did, there are too many problems, too many unsatisfied customers.

Absolute worst inn I've visited in many years of travel. Big mistake not checking them out online first. If you see a reply that says "we're sorry you didn't enjoy your stay", my reply is no you're not. You couldn't care less.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank T G H
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 September 2011

The staff were friendly and the rooms were clean. It was right in the downtown area and was easy to walk around town from here.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jeff C
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Took 1 and a half hrs to get room ready, key didn't work for my room and obviously hadn't worked for some time but they had made no attempt to fix it, the shower dripped non-stop,
there were three remotes and no instructions, but worst of all was paper thin walls between
rooms in the main house. You can hear conversation and TV from the next room so you know exactly what they are doing. When I was awakened by the people in the next room and knew I would get no sleep until they decided to go to sleep, I realized I needed to leave @ 1AM
so I could get sleep, the management was extremely rude and unresponsive. These folks only care about getting your money, don't let the decorations fool you, it is no longer a gem!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank DLG1234
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brevard
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brevard
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville
Brook Trout Inn
Brook Trout Inn
#1 of 2 in Sapphire

Been to The Inn at Brevard? Share your experiences!