“Great Stay!”
Review of The Inn at Brevard

The Inn at Brevard
Ranked #4 of 5 Brevard B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My parents were celebrating their 50th weeding anniversary and my parents, and my wife and I stayed 2 nights at the Inn. The staff are amazing! They are possibly the friendliest staff I have probably ever encountered. The food was awesome. Most importantly, they handled every detail for the 50th anniversary dinner that we asked of them; a fantastic cake, champagne, flowers, and superb meal. The owner, Faye, and her staff prepared pork medallions (the wine sauce was to die for), caprese salad, and four or five different side veggies and mashed potatoes. All was perfect! Thanks to Faye, Niecy, Jessie, Alisha and Brent for a fantastic stay! Thanks so much for the hospitality and for ensuring my parents' 50th anniversary was special!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Brevard

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We truly enjoyed our two nights. Inn is beautiful and the food was awesome!! The staff was very concerned about our comfort. We would definitely stay again! The town was fun to just walk around and shop also.

Room Tip: All were just beautiful
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2013

This is our second year staying at this Inn. We have made reservations by phone and online. We had no issues with either one. They were very accommodating and provided my husband with breakfast an hour earlier than their regular time since he was participating in the bike ride. The breakfast was phenomenal. You won't need lunch! We hope to keep visiting this charming Bed and Breakfast!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda W
theinnatbrevard, Owner at The Inn at Brevard, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Thank you for choosing "The Inn At Brevard". We are glad you enjoyed your stay & hope to see you again!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

We have been renting homes in this area for 6 years and have always wanted to stay at this Inn. This winter we had the chance when we came up to look at some homes to buy. The Inn is just beautiful from afar but is very shabby inside. No heat in bathrooms. One night we were the only guests and because nobody from the management stays on the property, we were alone in the building. They leave the front doors open, with a neon "open" sign and it is quite creepy to be the only people there. For the price that we paid (over $250.00 per night), I was expecting much more in the way of comfort and amenities. One of the fireplaces in our room did not work. I am sorry to report this because I always loved the look of this Inn but I did hear someone who worked there say the owners had been away for 3 months and I do not think you can properly run this type of property from a distance. I would not stay again and would not recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bridal suite and the Gentlemans Suite (had to change rooms because they doubled boo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joyce s
theinnatbrevard, Owner at The Inn at Brevard, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

"The Inn At Brevard" is very sorry, someone representing the Inn did not check the books, so the room they had requested was booked, so when the guest arrived they were moved to a similar suite, therefore they were not the only ones staying here. I personally am also sorry that I had an employee making derogatory statements about myself not being present at the time, and also didn't do their job in making the reservation. The Inn is furnished with period pieces, all of the furniture art work, rugs, antiques etc. are 100 years old. The only thing in the Inn that is new is the box springs and mattress. We are not part of a hotel chain, we are an historical Bed & Breakfast. The linens on the bed are sent to a laundry and hand pressed, very few places have pressed sheets. As for the heaters in the bathrooms, there's one in each bathroom throughout the Inn, It comes from the ceiling with the flip of a switch.. I personally checked the heater to make sure it was working. We have an Inn Keeper on the property 24 hrs a day. The front door along with the office door has a sign that states the phone number to call if there's any problem and also which room he can be found. A gentleman named Brian was here the whole duration of your stay. The Main House of the Inn has rooms that can be rented, the Inn Keeper is adjacent to the Main House. The neon sign lets the public know that we are open for business, and its actually helped our business. There are two fireplaces in the Bridal Suite they are both operational and working, one of them are bigger and we use it during the coldest part of the winter months because it heats the whole room. If you run both of the fireplaces the room would become two hot and it would set off the fire alarm. In fact I the owner was not on the property during this guest stay, but I had 5-6 employees on the property. Someone for the office that checked them in, The person that cleaned the room, the cook, and the Inn Keeper('s). In addition to this I had an 84 year old French lady that has been working here 23 years that was here during the day to make sure things were being ran properly. The winter months are our off season, I try to keep my employees busy with things to do, their bills don't stop just because the season is slow. It is to my regret that these guest feel this way. I at this point do not believe that if I was present during there stay it would have changed there outlook.

(Owner)
Faye Yager

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Great food and wonderful service! Can't wait to go back for Thanksgiving with my family. The owner was very helpful with all of our questions. Great location and close to town. There was lots of hiking and things to do.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Nuva
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We wish we had read all the reviews of this place before we came. We made reservations 2 months ago because we were going to the Brevard Music Center. We called the Inn directly and talked to Donna who cheerfully processed our reservation for two specific rooms for a one night stay at $185 per night. Nothing was said about a two night minimum stay and we put 50 percent down. We called a week before we left and they told us our reservations were in order. Two days later we got an e-mail saying that since we were not staying a two day minimum they were cancelling our reservation. We called the Inn again since we were committed to the concert and talked to the person in charge who went to talk with the owner, Fay Yager. The message that came back was that they would honor our reservation for one night. Upon arriving at the Inn, we were told the owner had changed our rooms and we were shown a room in the annex section which smelled terribly of mold. We finally ended up back in the main house but not in the room for which we had contracted. It was clean but the room was stifling and we had to run a noisy air conditioner to drown out the street noise. The next morning on checkout we found there were multiple added unauthorized charges on our account raising the rate we were being charged even higher. The two girls in the office couldn't help us figure out the charges so they went to wake up the owner at 10:30 AM. We were kept waiting in the lobby for an hour until she strolled thru the door. The owner was quite possibly the rudest, most unpleasant and unprofessional person we have ever encountered in any of our hotel stays around the world. She refused to credit us a refund for the inflated charges she had added to our bill. She insisted that she could have sold our room for two nights. And she did since we lost the room for which we had contracted. Our friends who stayed in the other room had written her a check which she with an evil sneer totally ripped up in front of us all. At that point we walked out. The Inn at Brevard is like the Hotel California - you can check in anytime but you can never check out without a feeling of total disgust. This place is a disgrace and a dishonor to the seemingly nice town of Brevard. If you read the other reviews posted here it seems that this type of activity has been going on for years.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
12  Thank Cynthia S
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed at the inn for five nights. the staff was very friendly, so I hate to write this review but there was a bad issue with very large cockroaches. The fourth night there I woke in the middle of the night to something crawling on me, I knocked it off in the dark then couldn't find it. The next morning when I got out of the shower my husband alerted me there was a giant cockroach in the corner of the room near the ceiling, it was at least three iches and very large,we were moving rooms that day due to the suite we were in being rented that night so we moved to a smaller room in the inn. I alerted the housekeeper and she said she would check into it that it must have just wandered in. The next night I got up in the middle of the night and went to the restroom in the new room, when I turned on the light two three inch cockroaches ran under the tub, my husband killed them but I was so creeped out I refused to turn off the lights. I grabbed my computer to search for another hotel and the closest one was in Asheville. While I was searching two more huge roaches literally came out of the wooed paneling, it was 2 am but we vacated and drove to Asheville which was terrible as we had to be back in Brevard to pick our daughter up at camp at 7 am. In the owners defense we never made a call to complain, as they were nice people and did serve a delicious breakfast but the inn needs some TLC and needs a good exterminating.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Douave
theinnatbrevard, Owner at The Inn at Brevard, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

On August 5th, 2012, This charming lady came to the inn to stay for one week, she was working from the balcony, on two different occasions we warned her that the door didn't have a screen door, only because the door is an odd size, this is an historic Bed & Breakfast, built in 1885 "Tree roaches" are normal here in Transylvania County. Having a roach infestation is totally different than having them fly in your room after an afternoon rain shower, keep in mind there is a 100-year-old Mall-berry tree hanging over this balcony which "Tree roaches" love. So she was warned to keep the door shut before and after she saw the roach. We are sorry that this incident happened but I assure you that there is nothing we could do about it, as long as a door is being left open. Anyone that has stayed in Transylvania County should know that "Tree Roaches" live outside, they do not live in walls or the floors, and we have confirmed this with our pest control company. We are sorry for this problem and we continue to strive to be the best.

Owner,

Faye Yager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brevard
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brevard
CedarWood Inn
#3 of 11 in Hendersonville
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville
Etowah Valley Golf & Resort

Been to The Inn at Brevard? Share your experiences!