“Pleasant night, but......”

The Inn at Brevard
Ranked #4 of 5 Brevard B&B and Inns
“Pleasant night, but......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Let me just say up front, we had a pleasant night's sleep in squeaky clean sheets and a "to die for breakfast", great recommendations for dinner and helpful information for hiking into DuPont State Park. The young girl who took our reservation was a one-man show. No issue there, but perhaps a lot for one man. Check-in, concierge, bag clerk, breakfast cook, coffee maker, house cleaner, you name it.
As gracious and accommodating as she was, I think this place would be better served if it were more pinned down. It seems to be running on its rim. Some owners about would lend some stability.
I was up early expecting someone to be downstairs fixing coffee. The front door was unlocked, the gas fires lit, the wine cabinet ajar. Not a person in sight. Brevard must be safe. Thank goodness, not like the rest of the world! (Yes, I admit I am from Memphis, a third world country. We bolt our doors day and night.)

And the entire operation might be better served if there was not so much clutter! Your eye has no resting place to say nothing of the fact there is precious little space for one's toiletries in the bathroom. Just my personal preference but still.

The reason my rating is low is that it was not up to snuff for the $177. Sorry guys

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Davidson H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Great location, warm staff that does everything to please its guests. Yummy, hearty breakfast--a great start to a fun day in Brevard. The house is filled with interesting paintings, antiques, and knick knacks from another era. We had a lovely stay at the Inn at Brevard.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

The Inn at Brevard will be our "home away from home" next time we visit our friends in Brevard. Miss Faye and staff are simply the best. They could not do enough for us. From the time we arrived to departure time we felt like one of t he family. The entire place was clean and the breakfast was to die for. We highly recommend to add the Inn at Brevard to your bucket list.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Miami Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We were guests for Thanksgiving Dinner. We were wowed by the fresh home grown and home made dishes. The dishes were excellent.The service was very attentive. However I am still trying to figure out our bill.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

We had a number of Thanksgiving visitors and went to the Inn for Thanksgiving dinner. It was fabulous. A vast array of tasty side dished made from home grown ingredients. A whole turkey, done to perfection, brought to the table and carved by me. It was like eating at home except with more food, better service with no clean up. A real experience.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

My wife and I visited Brevard last weekend in order to see our son who is attending Brevard College. We decided to stay at the Inn at Brevard and overall enjoyed the experience. The staff was very accommodating and friendly, and the breakfast was incredible, especially the veggie omeletes and home-made muffins! We skipped lunch both days we were there we were so full from breakfast.

My only small complaint would be that the mattresses in our room were just too soft and our bathroom extremely small. The friendly staff allowed us to view all the rooms so we could pick our our favorite during our next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Simpsonville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I planned a surprise get away for my husband and I, to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary. I chose the Gentlemans Suite at the Inn at Brevard, and I could not have picked a better place. The room was amazing ~ Spacious, Clean, Welcoming, and this room has the best and biggest bathroom. The staff was incredible. Breakfast was Extraordinary. The Inn is full of history, and remarkable antiques. It is also in a great location, within walking distance to downtown Brevard. They gave me a military discount, which shows that they take care of their Veterans. I highly recommend, and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Gentlemens Suite has a private little balcony, its at the end of the hall, Great bathroom, very quit...