“A MUST WHEN IN BREVARD!!”

Rocky's Grill & Soda Shop
Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in Brevard
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Cuisines: American
Description: A tradition since 1942, Rocky's Grill & Soda Shop is a Brevard, North Carolina landmark. Step into Americana and belly up to the lunch counter for homemade food and dairy delights. Rocky's old-fashioned goodness will bring back sweet memories while we are creating new memories for tomorrow.
Charleston, SC
“A MUST WHEN IN BREVARD!!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Have been going to Rocky's for at least 20 years or more and never get tired of it!!! Wonderful place for lunch or just a milkshake. Nostalgic old drug store turned full time soda shop with the best hot dogs I've ever had!!! Give it a try! You won't be sorry. Oh and did I mention they have tables out front for you and your doggies. They even will bring water for your dogs. Very, very cool place.

“DISRESPECTFUL CASHIER!!! ”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I traveled here from South Florida with our family and made a point to stop at Rocky's along the way. We drove an hour out of our way to see the shop setup considering the theme. The Ice cream shop/diner was cute. Crowded but good food.

The one and only complaint I have was the extremely rude cashier!! I asked for assistance with Fudge in the display case and she was very short and snippy. I asked for local favorites of flavors and suggestions and was told, "well it's really whatever you like I guess". As I was checking out to pay my bill she was extremely disrespectful!! We were asked how many was in our party cause they have a posted sign on the menu stating 18% gratuity added for party's of 6+. I explained to her we had seven people in our party, 3 adults, 4 children. Keep in mind 3 of our 4 children were under the age of 4, and 2 of them didn't order any meals. The cashier told me that it didn't matter and had a poor attitude as she rang up a 20% tip not the posted 18%. I refused to pay the additional $18 that she demanded I leave as a tip simply for her attitude. She argued with me in front of the entire restaurant, told me it's a law to pay what they quoted, and made sarcastic condescending remarks with her back turned to me. As I was walking out with my family she yelled, come back again!!

I am very disappointed in the help and their lack of manners and respect. Sadly my family and I will not be back and I will not recommend this restaurant to stop for any family along their travels for vacation.

3 Thank Ashley M
“Nice to look at”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Did not eat there, just looked around. Lots of goodies for the tourists but nothing local. Plenty of families with kids running wild in the store so it was loud

Visited July 2014
Tennessee
“Very long wait, well worth it.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our family ate here for Saturday lunch after spending most of the day in downtown Brevard. Our kids loved it, though we did have to wait for almost 30 minutes when we were initially told 10 minutes.

There are no kids meals, so it's a little on the expensive side of family dining, especially for a "soda shop", but the food was completely excellent. The pimento cheese burger was incredible diner food and the grilled cheese sandwich was excellent, too. All sandwiches and burgers are served with basic potato chips, but they come with two slices of pickled green tomatoes that are AWESOME! I keep kicking myself that I didn't purchase jars of them when we left.

It was crowded and loud, but always fun. Also, the ice cream was excellent.

Our family has four children and we all split an ice cream sundae instead of each ordering individual ice cream cones. The sundae was HUGE and had lots of toppings and flavors. Even with five people eating on it, we could not finish. We will definitely go back.

• Visited June 2014
Summerville, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun place”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotdogs on buttered toast, slaw and chili on mine, pickled tomatoes, and chips. great service, fast. Fun place to eat and shop.

• Visited June 2014