Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brevard
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Very Good 4/5
Key Falls Inn(Pisgah Forest)
Sunset Motel(Brevard)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsfront deskhi expressking suitevery nice hotelcinnamon rollsfree breakfastthe breakfast areayogurtclean roomswaffle housebiscuitsbaconthe blue ridge parkwayvisiting the areacommon areasrefrigerator and microwavepisgah national forest
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Extremely clean hotel and room. Very friendly rep at the front desk when we checked in. We had dogs and they had no problem accommodating us. Thanks for having a super low pet deposit! This hotel is VERY close to the entrance for the Pisgah Nat'l Forest which was very convenient since that is where my honey and I spent most of our time. Overall, a very nice hotel! The breakfast served was a pleasant surprise. Not just bagels and muffins. Eggs, sausage, ham, sausage gravy w biscuits, pancakes, assorted juices, coffee, and milk. Very nice indeed! Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenna1999
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We had a great stay at the HI Express in Brevard. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was quiet, and the beds very comfortable. Bathrooms were spotlessly clean. The breakfast was very good with a nice selection of items.

This is one of the nicest HI Express locations I have seen. My only minor quibble is that the wifi is very slow. It wasn't a big issue for us though because we weren't in the room very much. Plus, there is a Lowes next door that had wifi that reached the room and was faster.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I spent 3 nights here while hiking in the vicinity of the Blue Ridge Parkway. We found the place absolutely spotless, very comfortable, and extremely convenient. The room was a bit larger than average, in my opinion. It had a mini-fridge, microwave, and sink in the "kitchen" area, all of which worked well. Breakfast was great with the amount and variety of food well attended to by the staff. We will definitely stay here again during our next trip to the region.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel off and on since it was built. It was a very nice place in the beginning and reasonably price. Now it's barely adequate and charges unjustified "resort" prices in season, mostly because of its location, near Pisgah National Forest.

Except for the glitzy new sign out front, it's all pretty substandard. It doesn't wear it's most recent remodel very well and, while clean, is not all that well maintained. Case in point: The entrance landscaping beds consisted of some bare dirt and dried up sticks that presumably were once flowers. Not very inviting.
Inside, the lobby looks more like a Days Inn than Holiday Inn Express, beginning with the fake wood floors in the main lobby. Hallways and rooms feature a dirt-brown theme (carpets and walls) that presumably hides the dirt but is pretty ugly. Very dated. Rooms are clean but threadbare and worn out. Matresses old, thin and a bit lumpy. Plumbing fixtures very old. TV system is a joke. Cable boxes and worn out remotes (if you can get them to work) pump out lots of ugly non-HD programming, stretched out on HD screens.
Breakfast is OK but nothing special. Hot food is better than microwave fare at the nearby Hampton (last time I stayed anyway) but nothing to rave over.
Best thing I can say is it was generally clean, the WI-FI worked well and the staff was warm and friendly. They do their best with an aging hotel I guess.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zapatop
RobBrevardNC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brevard, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Zapatop,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you has some concerns about your stay.We will look into them. We are in the proces of a HDTV upgrade. Once again thanks for your feedback.

Rob

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Not a single nit to pick about this hotel. The room, halls, elevators, lobby, breakfast room were spotless! Maid service was first rate and breakfast was as good as a great restaurant. Breakfast choices were many and well prepared. Kitchen manager was totally on the ball making sure that nothing was amiss. Really enjoyed our stay and my wife was amazed that I complained about nothing. Actually, I was very generous in tipping the maid and breakfast manager.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thanks so much for your nice comments. I will pass your comments along to our staff.

Rob