“Had to go back...”

Ranked #15 of 69 Restaurants in Brevard
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Diner, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Come Experience Brevard's Premier Fine Dinning Restaurant; You Will Enjoy Our Fresh Ingredients And Elegant Atmosphere.
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Another exceptional experience in this authentic Mexican Fine Dining Restaurant! More food than we could eat and left wishing we were still hungry so we could eat more! Again, the Carrot Soup is sublime...I ordered a second bowl for dessert (REALLY!!). Perfect service, attentive and didn't miss a trick. One of my absolute favorite places to eat and always plan a visit when I visit my sister in Brevard.

2  Thank Duetsinger72

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have to say, the atmosphere was decent, the food pricey and unremarkable but the whole experience was soured when I received my check and the waiter had added on a 20% gratuity for himself. I was a waiter for over fourteen years and was NEVER allowed to add a gratuity, unless it was for a large party and the party was told before hand.
I can't tell you how insulted I was and I will NEVER go back. We were not demanding and had a great rapport with the waiter......so don't know why the waiter tacked on the gratuity. Very rude and insulting, and I didn't even know this was legal. Never going back.

1  Thank NunyaBusinessEver
VICTOR_GOMEZANGULO, Manager at Quixote Fine Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Hi, my name is Victor, I am the manager and beliebe I was your server; thank you for coming and trying us out.
Let me explain about the gratuity: The only reason the gratuity was added as such, was because you used a Groupon discount. If you read the terms when you purchased it, they stated that neither the tax nor the tip were included. We add a 20 percent gratuity to every check payed with Groupon, not just yours. We have been doing this because, unfortunatley, we had some problems with people not leaving a tip at all when paying with their Groupons.
Our staff here at Quixote is personable, friendly and always very helpful and we thought this was unfair to them, as they were doing their job and not being fairly compensated for it.
It was not our intention to INSULT you, it was simply our policy. If, however, you think that the 20 percent gratutity was to MUCH for the services provided, I will gladly refund the money. Let us know how you would like your money BACK.
Again, thank you for coming.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We have been to many Mexican restaurants around the state and this one is tops! Their were several choices for vegetarians so hubby and I chose different options with the intent of sharing. The waiter did the sharing before bringing the plates - so thoughtful of him. The sauce with the chips was unusual but so tasty. Wanted the recipe but it was not available. Will definitely return when we are in the area.

1  Thank MemeH
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Ate dinner here on a recommendation. This is not traditional Tex-Mex, and those looking for cheese-slathered entries will be disappointed. I had kabobs with beef, peppers, onions and pineapple -- very good meal. Waiter was concerned when my friend ordered mole chicken, telling her it was spicy. She found that it was spicy, but not overly hot. Atmosphere was pleasant, with live music the night we were there. Good service!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We went on a Friday night in October, the food was great as well as the services. We were able to try a free sample of the soup of the day and it was very good. This is one of the best Mexican restaurants that we have been to. We will defiantly return to try more items from the menu. The restaurant was also very clean.

1  Thank rca72