“Good Selection”

Brevard Brewing company
Ranked #6 of 45 things to do in Brevard
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A good place for a beverage-good music-lots of choices and the prices are the best around. Easy to get to-right in the middle of town.

1  Thank 865rambler
"wnc"
"taproom"
"music"

Reviewed 28 April 2014

After reading some of the other reviews, I feel compelled to say something up front: Brevard Brewing is a brew/pub. A pub. Not a restaurant. I hail from Asheville, where we have lots of pubs, and I was a bit stunned to see that some seemed flummoxed with the concept. It is very casual, and staff does not wait upon you, save at the bar. It's a pub. If you can't carry a beer from the bar to a table, perhaps a pub is not for you.

Brevard Brewing is also a pup pub, where dogs are also allowed, and that is part of the joy of it. If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won't either. Now, on to the review.

My husband and I looooove lagers, but they are very difficult to find, even in Asheville. They can also lack in flavor. A few breweries have tried their hand at it, but lagers take longer to brew and are quite persnickety. If you make a mistake brewing one, it is nearly impossible to cover it up, while with ales, there is a good bit of wiggle room.

Until yesterday, the only brewery/pub in the state I knew of that specialized in lagers was The Weeping Radish at the Outer Banks. I love beer, but an 8 hour drive just for the sake of a beer - even a lager - is a bit much. Now, we only need drive about 45 minutes!

This beer is just the best around! I had the Dunkel and my husband, at first, had the seasonal bock. Very similar beers, with the latter being higher in alcohol. For his second, he also drank a Dunkel. Every one around us had differing styles, and all were extolling the virtues of their beverages. The customer beside me said that even their light beer (not sure if it was the pilsner or the premium lager) was loaded with flavor.

The atmosphere was light, airy, and very, very clean. You could drink off their floors. One of the nicer pubs I've ever visited.

The bartender was just the right mix of friendly and business. The regulars made us feel like family, and I can assure you we'll be back, dogs and all. This is an amazing place, and a must-do on your beer tour of WNC!

4  Thank Monte S
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife of 45-years and I discovered Brevard Brewing last summer just before she found she had Stage 4 lung cancer (the kind for healthy women who never smoked). The fast moving disease took her on Feb. 5, 2014. According to her wishes her daughter and I waited two months so that we could have a celebration of Mara’s life. For the beer, we chose her favorites - Brevard Brewing’s Amber Lager and Munich Dunkel. I e-mailed owner Kyle and he went out of his way to guide me as to how much I would need and the best value. When I picked up the beer, the staff and customers were incredibly sensitive. Upon returning the empty kegs, I was told everything was taken care of (my card has yet to be charged). This show of understanding (and two great beers) reveals more than just another brewery. This is a group that is worth supporting.

4  Thank Ford44
Reviewed 20 March 2014

if you are planning a brewery tour in western NC, feel free to skip this place and visit another instead. Brevard Brewing Company is enjoyable and worth a visit if you are looking to have a few drinks, but it's nothing too special. It appears to be frequented by regulars who sit at the bar and watch tv with their dogs. The bartender was nice but not very interactive except when he received personal calls and/or texts. The IPA and Dunkel are yummy, but you cannot really see the brewery unless you peek around the bar and into the next room. I imagine this is a great place for locals, but not really worth the drive if you are trying to go to larger places like Oskar Blues.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 March 2014

As other reviewers pointed out, this place only serves beer, so they can allow dogs to also come inside. If you're a dog lover, or you have a dog and want to sit and have a beer or two, this is a neat place. It seemed like there were a number of regulars with their dogs. The selection tends to be mostly lagers, though there was a stout and an IPA when I visited. We really enjoyed the beers we drank. It's self serve, you order at the bar and take the beers to your table. Someone told me that if there is a pizza place that will delivery to the tap room, so all is not lost if you need to have some food with your beer.