“Disappointment”

Hobnob
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Hobnob serves gourmet comfort food influenced by the mountains and the South. We serve as much local product as possible from produce to local beef, chicken, trout, catfish and heritage pork. Almost the entire menu can be prepared GLUTEN FREE, and we offer both Vegan and Vegetarian options on our menu.
Reviewed 10 October 2013

the last time I went here for dinner we took our out of town friends, who are foodies and wine enthusiasts. Even though I made reservations we waited more than thirty minutes for a table. Our server then proceeded to ignore us for way too long. Finally we ordered. She brought us the wrong bottle of wine, which our friend mentioned did not taste like he expected. Our server poo-pooed our comments. Well sure enough the one he ordered (pricey) had the exact same label as the weird one we actually got.... tough luck for us though, we drank a lot of it already... We ordered another bottle and got what we ordered this time. I didn't think you had to read the fine print on a wine bottle but I guess you do here. Food was uneven and the beef was not very good at all. Also the service was TERRIBLY slow and we had to beg for the (big) check. Since the friends took us out, I felt terribly guilty, which does not make me want to hurry on back. I do want to say that a week or so prior to this I took a couple of friends to dinner and everything was very well done. Maybe just an off night. I did think their attitude could have been a little better about the wine though. I think we got literally two dollars off. I know what the mark-up is; give me a break.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

A charming restaurant in downtown Brevard. . .foodies will appreciate the variety of excellent dishes - with a country French flair - and accompanying wine list.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This was my husband's favorite dinner in Brevard. He had their ravioli and loved the sauce. I had their special trout with veggies and crab. It was very good, but I liked the trout at Falls Landing better. Our service was great and sitting outside at the end of September was wonderful. Our only slight disappointment was their wine list. It was so so.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Walked in without a reservation. Waitress was great, gave us good info on the area, kept our glasses full and checked on us often (but didn't make a pest of herself). Food was good but also very expensive, I guess since it's such a small town they can get away with it but in a larger town with more choices I'm not so sure. Husband got lobster ravioli, and said it was good but could have definitely used more lobster for the price we paid. Overall we really enjoyed our dinner but probably wouldn't rush to return.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I had scallops that were cooked so perfect. Nice and seared on the outside and so tender. The service was top rate even though it was crowded. The atmosphere was wonderful and there is outside dining as well.