“Nice fresh selection”

Hobnob
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Hobnob serves gourmet comfort food influenced by the mountains and the South. We serve as much local product as possible from produce to local beef, chicken, trout, catfish and heritage pork. Almost the entire menu can be prepared GLUTEN FREE, and we offer both Vegan and Vegetarian options on our menu.
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is a house made into a restaurant. Very nice setting. Menu offered a lot of gluten free selections which was awesome. I had the jambalaya and it was filling.
When they brought my husband bread they were nice enough to give me some cucumbers. So I had something to nibble on.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Hob Nob used to be our favorite place to go in Brevard for lunch. It has been going down hill over the last year but we decided to give it another try yesterday. We will not be going back. The only reason I gave it 3 stars is because my soup was very good and my husband's fish was good also. It was fish and chips but the french fries were thin and soggy. My sandwich, Croque Monsieur had been sitting waiting for other orders and it came out cold and the bread was mushy on the bottom. It used to be a favorite. Service left a lot to be desired as there was only one person greeting, taking orders, bringing out the food and cleaning tables. People were not being greeted and were leaving and going to the restaurant next door. There was a man who worked there talking to a table of regular customers while this waitress tried to do it all. I believe he was either the owner or the manager. All in all it was a disappointing lunch at a poorly run restaurant.

1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Enjoyed dinner here with old friends who are locals and recommended. Staff was very attentive. Excellent salmon. Nice wine list. Charming older home. Will definitely dine here again.

2  Thank knordal
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

A local favorite. Great outdoor seating and area for larger parties upstairs. Food is delicious. Favorites include their oysters and tomato soup. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank TravelinVixen
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Four of us had lunch and sad to say was 'low average'. Sandwich was more bread than anything - but the beer was excellent.