“FRESH FAST FOOD”

Ranked #39 of 69 Restaurants in Brevard
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Located in Plaza next to Brevard College. Between Napa Auto Parts and Sears.
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My friend and I were thrift shopping in Brevard (from Hendersonville) and I had checked restaurants beforehand on "Trip Advisor". We had had a huge breakfast before we left and weren't hungry at lunchtime. Around 2 o'cl. we both felt like we just wanted a 'little something' and I remembered the review I'd read about Henrys. The staff was delightful and helpful. We ordered hot dogs and onion rings at the counter and sweet teas. The Chef was right on the ball and our order arrived fresh cooked (we saw him breading the onion rings). He even swirled the mustard on the dogs to make a nice presentation. The hot dogs were really yummy and grilled well. The onion rings were to die for - probably the best batter I'd ever had on onion rings! I remembered reading the reviews about the onion rings and they were every bit as delicious as everyone had said in the reviews. I'd recommend Henrys highly for a good fresh cooked lunch with great service and very friendly staff. Can't wait to go again and get those onion rings!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

If you like big homemade biscuits, sort of like Hardee's, this is THE PLACE in Brevard, NC, but get there during breakfast hours b/c the biscuits sell out usually before lunch menu time. For years, I've been seeing the same employees & mgt., which is a good thing. They are good friendly honest people and will treat you right. They even sell little peach cobblers from their dough. My favorite is their country ham biscuit! They have great iced tea. Sometimes for lunch, I'll have a hotdog, which is hard to find in Brevard. I never judge Henry's by its appearance. I just go, talk to the nice people, and order my food to go, or occasionally sit in a booth. Location is next to Brevard College, though this is a place for locals, not so much for college students, who are still in bed or eating at the college's dining hall. Henry's is a great substitute for Hardee's or Bojangles, which Brevard does not have. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

This area is blessed with several really good locally owned (non-chain) places to eat. Henry's is one of those places. You can get great biscuits for breakfast, and some really lunch options as well. I recommend trying the chicken biscuits or gravy biscuits for breakfast, but everything is good. For lunch, the "Henry Dogs" are hard to beat. They also have a great chicken sandwich, and some of the best onion rings around. It is almost next door to Brevard College and right across from French Broad Place.

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Henry's turned out to be a great option for breakfast when we slept in too late and missed out at the McDonalds. A blessing in disguise, Henry's biscuits were so much better! Light and fluffy on the inside, with just a little crunch on the outside. Bacon, egg and cheese was perfect without being drippy with grease like some fast food chains. Wait staff were very friendly and even reminded us about the rescheduled fireworks. We will definitely stop back by the next time we're in town.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Henry's is open til 3, a place to grab a quick bite amid the formica and dated "decor." Two "Henry Dogs" under $3 is what attracts me. It's close to Sears, the liquor store, a hairdresser, and an auto parts store, so what more could you want. It's also across the street from a good, but costly, pub. And quite near the college, but you never see college kids in here...just locals.