“Very homey and comfortable”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brevard
The Pines Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brevard
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We have stayed with Mary and Tom for years. We haven't been in the last several years because of family committments, but we have loved every time we have gone. When we drove up the first time, I was really skeptical. It didn't look like the inns or B&Bs we have stayed in other places. When we have been there in the main house, especially upstairs, the rooms have been rather run down and yes, it is rustic, but not in the "decorator rustic" way.

However, our favorite places to stay there have been the upstairs room opening onto the porch and Grandpa's cabin. That upstairs room has a bathroom that is not too pleasant, but the porch more than makes up for it. The view from there has been fantastic, and we have sat there many hours reading or chatting, and then we've watched the evening come into the lovely valley in front of the inn.

Our whole family stayed in Grandpa's cabin, and that was wonderful in a different way. We always look forward to returning. It's different, but in away that we love.

Room Tip: Upstairs front is really 2 rooms, one bath, opening onto porch. Grandpa's cabin is wonderful...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 November 2011

My wife, 1 yr old daughter and I went to the Pines Country Inn during the middle of October 2011. It was absolutely perfect and relaxing. The house is really old (which I love) and adds to a great atmosphere. The innkeepers are very nice and informal. We sat around the living room one night talking and having wine! The area is great, with a lot of stuff to do. We went hiking, to an apple orchard, and to a corn maze. The area is super beautiful, and the leaves were gorgeous (just changing colors). The breakfast was super delicious, too. I really don't have anything bad to say.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mherchel
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Very nice setting, peaceful and restful. If you want a quite getaway, this is a good one. We went there last summer and were well cared for. Not for those who need entertainment.

We were one of two couples at the time we went. Both couples really enjoyed this place. Nice, elderly couple owned.

Room Tip: Room near porch was nice with a walkout onto the porch with nice pastoral setting. Could be not so...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wdm01
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed at the pines country inn for only one night and what a perfect night it was. When I arrived I learned that we were staying in the rustic 1800's log cabin. There was a stone fire place in the sitting room. We stayed down stairs in a little suite like area with two bed rooms sharing a bathroom. There was even a full kitchen for us to use. There were heated blankets and little heaters in the room that worked great! It was perfect for my two cousins and my self. I was in Brevard to have my bridal pictures taken and the owner just loved that I was staying there and getting ready. We were runing a bit late in the morning from doing hair and make up so they brought our delicious pancake, bacon, and eggs breakfast to our room. It was served with fresh fruit and on a beautiful platter. I couldn't of asked for anything better. When we came back from the pictures we loaded the car and just paid for the room in cash. Didn't have to go through a big sign in or any of that jazz just good southern hospitality. I will be going back to stay hopefully next season with my whole family. There is one main house, and a few log cabins. Everything was very rustic but clean and nice. The cabin had a very "homey" vibe. For anyone who wants to get away to peace and serinity for a few days this is the place to go. Only one tv in the main house, no internet... just a fire place and good times. Also you can't go wrong with a family run business. Just what I needed!

Room Tip: Grandpa's cabin is wonderful if you like the rustic cabin feel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank nataliepurnell
Reviewed 13 March 2009

I am an employee of a major hotel chain. I could stay at the inn in Brevard at an employee rate. I would pass that up every time to stay here. This is like visiting our parents. They treat you like you are family. You don't get that at a hotel. Tom and Mary are very special people. You matter to them. We have had a lot of fun just visiting them and relaxing and enjoying the views, watching the cows and chickens at the farm in the valley. If you don't want to get away from the stress of city living, going to work, deadlines, and other job pressures, then this place ain't for you. On the other hand, this is just the place to escape all this.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AURELIALYNN
Reviewed 5 August 2008

The Pines is a wonderful retreat with the owners the best innkeepers. Mary greeted us and we instantly felt at home. The rooms are peaceful and simple decorated. The Inn is over 200 years old and a beautiful home. Mary cooked the most delicious breakfast. The Inn is overlooking the valley with cow pastures. A very peaceful retreat. Brevard is such a wonderful town with the Pisgah forest close by and many places to visit. A wonderful weekend. Highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 17 October 2007

The owners and their daughter went out of their way to make us comfortable and to see to all our needs. They were SUPER nice people and we enjoyed talking with them. The B&B was very clean and the breakfast each morning was excellent. The view was awesome and we were totally relaxed. We loved the old house. The only drawback was that there was no air conditioning and of course we realize that would not be possible in an older large home. There were two fans in the room to use and I used one as I got ready for a wedding, but that was the only time. We were NOT uncomfortable, but if we went there in the heat of summer and needed to attend formal gatherings, it could be uncomfortable getting dressed in formal wear under those conditions. Having said that, since I have not stayed there at the height of summer, I could be mistaken and find it comfortable no matter what the outside temperature was. The price was also very reasonable. We recommend the Inn and would stay again as well. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank FlashandGus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brevard
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brevard
#6 of 11 in Hendersonville
CedarWood Inn
CedarWood Inn
#2 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to The Pines Country Inn? Share your experiences!