All reviewslog cabincountry breakfastbiscuitsthe main houseliving roomfelt immediatelyupper deckdowntown brevardweddingporchdeanfirefliesmountainschickenslandgemdupont
Reviewed 24 June 2013

A historic B & B in a charming and relaxing country setting. However, the original house has been added to and modified a number of times making it less historic and charming. The furnishings are dilapidated and the bedding is old and uncomfortable. The repairs and fixes look patchy and not up to par with this type of house. The owners are very friendly and courteous. The breakfast and the service from Ann and her mother was very good. They take great pride in serving their guests. With a little ingenuity and not much expense, this place could be a gem.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank MVA909
Reviewed 15 June 2013

What a terrific experience. I had visions of being at my Grandmother's house eating watermelon and spitting the seeds at my siblings. If you are looking for papering, hot tubs, mints on your pillow and a gourmet breakfast, look somewhere else. If the quiet calm of cows grazing in the field, lighting bugs filling the night sky like stars and a rocking chair on the porch, you must stay here. The family that owns and operates this "inn" are just splendid, decent folk that you rarely run across in life these days. Sit a spell. Have a chat. Let the stress leave your body and just breathe in the valley air.

Oh, did I mention the biscuits at breakfast? Out of this world.

Room Tip: No pool or fitness center. Go take a walk on the lightly traveled country roads. You'll be better for it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cmooreduck
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We found this place on trip advisor as we were headed to Myrtle Beach and being it was the beginning of their season we had the house to ourselves. Ann showed us where everything was at and encouraged us to look around and make ourselves at home. Our stay was so relaxing and peaceful we were able to just sit on the porch and enjoy coffee and read without interruption. Mary and John fixed us a big country breakfast that Ann served which filled us up and was delicious. Pisgah National forest and DuPont state park are both nearby. We hiked through the park to see the beautiful waterfalls, and scenery.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Awayfrom
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Stayed at the Inn this past weekend and loved it! We stayed in the main house - room #6 and thoroughly enjoyed the front porch and the view. The Inn is very old and doesn't have some of the modern amenities but the character of the home and the hospitality cannot be duplicated at any hotel / motel! Mary and her daughter, Anne made our stay seem like we were visiting family. They truly know southern hospitality - we not only enjoyed good food but good company and conversation as well. If you are high maintenance and want luxurious accommodations, I wouldn't recommend it. If you want to have a memorable experience and meet the loveliest people you'd ever want to meet, then go the the Pines!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I visited here back in October, but haven't had time to write until now. On my annual photographic trek to Transylvania County to shoot waterfalls, I generally stay in Brevard or Cedar Mountain, but on a whim decided to stay at Pines Country Inn instead. I'm very glad I did. I can't say enough good things about this place. From the time Ann greeted me on arrival until I left a few days later, it was one of the best experiences I've had at a B&B. The highlight of each day is breakfast, served in a sunny dining room overlooking a spectacular valley view below. I was seated with three elderly ladies who regularly travel together, and I guess they kind of adopted me. They were a hilarious bunch, and you could tell they'd been doing this for quite a while. Off the dining room is a full commercial kitchen (the McEntires once owned a restaurant in Brevard), and you're welcome to use it during the day. The room I stayed in was rustic, but comfortable - and more important for me, quiet. I can't wait to go back, and bring my wife this time.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo