“retro awesome” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunset Motel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sunset Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brevard
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
“retro awesome”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

This is a Retro motel. It is definately old school. The room was very clean and size was fine for my wife and I. If we had some kids it might get a little closed in. But the people was nice and it was about a 1/4 mile from downtown. You could walk to downtown if you wanted to. The bathroom ad upgrade plumbing and fixtures. Nice size TV and had a small fridge and microwave. Plus a coffee maker. My wife and I drink coffee alot so it was a plus for us. The only down fall was no room on the desk to do anything because it was full of TV microwave and fridge. Think they should put TV on the wall and build shelves for the microwave and coffee maker. But hay in the old days they didn't have a microwave so it was OK. Wife said it looked like one of those motels you see in scary movies. I agreed but didn't feel scary at all. We enjoyed it and wouldn't mind staying there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

My daughter and I spent 5 nights here while she attended a day camp in Asheville. Sporting events require our family to spend at least two long weekends a month in hotels and normally we stay in a popular hotel chain, but these deluxe hotels can not compare to the stay we experienced at the Sunset Motel. The owner and staff are very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the conversations I had with each of them. Unlike larger hotels, they were genuine and truly enjoyed conversing with their guests. I witnessed this on several occasions. The room was spacious, well-equipped, and very clean. The bed was very comfortable and the room temperature was easy to regulate. I loved being able to walk downtown. Overall,the Sunset Motel is a wonderful place reminiscent of days gone by when a motel provided that personal touch, Sadly this is something that been lost with the high rise hotel. I look forward to returning to the Sunset Motel in the near future. ( V. Bellamy, Myrtle Beach, SC)

2 Thank Valariebellamy
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

We booked fathers day weekend and liked the cleanliness and convenience of the hotel. Lauri and Glenda were friendly and even gave us charcoal when ours ran out. We enjoyed grilling fresh trout at the hotel. We also liked the convenience of being able to walk to downtown Brevard shops. Thanks for a nice, affordable and clean memorable stay.

Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

What a find! This is great place to stay if you want a reasonably priced room in downtown Brevard! It is within walking distance to the cute downtown shops and eateries. We travel with our dogs and this is a nice area to take them out and walk them(there is a beautiful park right up the road). The owner is super helpful and attentive! I would definitely stay here again!

1 Thank CassieR62
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Keep in mind that there are only two hotels in this price range in Brevard. This is the only one with a touch of charm and just a few blocks from downtown. It's cute but it's not elegant. The rooms are clean and brightly decorated. The unit we stayed in had a microwave and a minifrig. The TV was new with several HBO channels and full cable. The downside is that the room and bath were small. My wife complained that the sheets were not of great quality. But I'm a man I only noticed that they were clean. She also complained that the carpet was damp in places. In short it's nice looking, I got a good night sleep but there are not any other extras than what I described. It is locally own and not part of a chain. I'd go back.

Room Tip: I think they are all about the same.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for Memorial Day weekend during the White Squirrel Festival. Everyone was so helpful from the time we called to book the room until the day we checked out. It's well within walking distance to downtown Brevard. We stayed in the room above the manager's office. The room had a full kitchen with a fridge, stove, coffee maker, and a microwave. Also had some dishes and silverware. The wifi here is super easy to connect to from any device. The flat screen tv has every type of connection that you'd want to hook up to while you're there. There is already a cable tv box and dvd player in the room. Even though we had a queen bed, the room was still big enough for us to leave our things out. The bed room had a nice size closet. There was a much bigger closet in the hallway. The bathroom was a nice size. Everything was clean and there was always plenty of towels. There was no noise from traffic, other guests, or staff. The ladies were always eager to give directions or to tell you where to go. At the end of our stay, we didn't feel like random people checking out of some place we stayed for the weekend. We felt like our business was truly appreciated and they would all remember us when we come back. Overall, our stay was awesome. We'll definitely be staying here any time we are back in the area.

The best thing about this place is the full kitchen. We bought all of our own food, additional small appliances, and a cooler. Saving money on food allowed us to do so much more with our weekend. While the prices here may seem a bit high, it's nothing when you factor in how much you would normally spend on breakfast, lunch, and dinner for two or more people. Like I said, this is an excellent value!

Bottom Line:
If you have to spend money on a hotel, why not spend it on a hotel where you can take your own food and cook your own meals? Everything after that is a bonus!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jane B
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

My family and I stayed at this motel during our weekend together in Brevard. We loved it. Found this motel on-line and am so glad we picked this motel to stay in. It is close to all the shops and restauraunts of Brevard as well as PIsgah and Dupont. There was no noise from neighbors. The room and bathroom were very clean. The beds were so comfortable, no backache the next morning from not being in my bed. Loved the access to WiFi, as we all three had laptops with us. The staff was nice and accomodated our needs. The lobby was wonderful to look around in. I will definately recommend this motel to others and I will stay there when I return to Brevard as well. I loved the retro feel of the motel. The only suggestion I would have is to number the parking spots to match the rooms.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Loretta R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brevard
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brevard
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#8 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Sunset Motel? Share your experiences!