“Neat as a pin”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brevard
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Neat as a pin”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Nostalgic. I like the decor and the rooms are very well kept. Owner and staff are very friendly. I slept better than I usually do away from home. Our room had a fridge, micro, and coffee pot. We love the Brevard area and will stay at the Sunset again should we travel back this way.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dennis C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in April for 2 nights while on a family vacation; I would come back and stay for a week! We rented the "cottage", it was perfect for us: a full kitchen so we didn't have to go out for every meal, washer and dryer, a great deck with a grill, it was like a little house, perfect for us and our 4 year old. Plus, it was centrally located and a short driving distance to both Pisgah and DuPont. The cottage was very clean, the decor slightly dated, but it is supposed to look retro. Overall, I loved staying here and thought it was an amazing deal.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
SunsetOwner, Owner at Sunset Motel, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Your review is much appreciated. We are so pleased that you enjoyed yourselves and found our cottage to be "an amazing deal". As for the decor, the cottage is still a work in progress you might be happy to hear for your next visit. I spend a great deal of time shopping for vintage furniture and finally hired someone able to "retrovate" the pieces I've found without breaking the bank! All of our rooms/apartments are also constantly being updated and decor is a revolving door since each room is completely unique. We just added new carpet to all of our rooms this month. Thank you for using our big new grill! Not many people bother to even take the cover off and I was starting to wonder if I'd made the right decision by putting it out there. You have alleviated my "buyer's remorse" issue. :-)
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

My husband, teenage son and I stayed at the Sunset for three nights in their cottage!
Great spot, lots of room, very clean and extremely quiet.
We had a lots of room to spread out, the kitchen was great to make dinner and breakfast. The boys had a great time fishing and I had tons of room to sew in. I had my very own quilting retreat while they were out. Will go there again in a heartbeat!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
SunsetOwner, Owner at Sunset Motel, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our cottage. Many people don't realize we have this gem on the back acre of the property. Like you, many enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and appreciate the pretty setting within walking distance to downtown. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Brevard! Lori
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My hubs and I stayed there last night and loved it. Like the reviewer before me said, it was perfect for the price. Everything had a personal touch, and our room was super cute. The sheets and blankets were soft too, which is a nice change from regular hotels. We met Lori the owner yesterday and she was extremely accommodating and friendly. We also love that they attempt to be green in every way possible… Only complaint were the thin walls and noisy neighbors, but we just turned the fan in the AC unit on, and that pretty much drowned them out… plus, that's no different from every other hotel/motel. Overall, we will definitely be back and would recommend this to anyone who is willing to sacrifice some amenities for charm, character and a personal touch.

Green Features: Excellent! Happy to see that they recycle (not happy to see that they've obviously had some issues with guests not helping in these efforts) and the green certification in their lobby.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mtns2beach
SunsetOwner, Owner at Sunset Motel, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words about The Sunset Motel. It is always a great pleasure to hear about new customers like yourself discovering us. We are committed to providing a unique experience that you will enjoy and hopefully keep you coming back. We look forward to serving you again. Gratefully, The Sunset Motel
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We just stayed here for two nights. My husband and I were in town to bike at pisgah. The 2nd day I mentioned that the wifi did not reach the room we were in and they quickly wanted to move us. The rooms were cute and very clean. The water pressure was awesome. So def fixed from earlier reviews. They are still doing some remodeling but did not affect us. The only thing I would change is a king bed for two since we r use to that at home. They do have that option.

Room Tip: If you like a lot of space rent bigger.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
lorileigh63, Owner at Sunset Motel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Your review is much appreciated. Any time a person takes time out of their day to say something nice, it makes all of our hard work worthwhile. We try very hard and we hope it shows! Thanks,Lori
Richlands, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed while on a visit to the college. Was difficult to book online, so I called and left a message, she called me back immediately. Told her my son and I were visiting, and she hooked us up in a bigger room. so mom had a little space. Room was clean and very comfy, stayed two nights, and had no issues, wifi worked fine.
clean comfortable and inexpensive, what else do you need in a hotel?

Room Tip: Talk to the owner, tell her your circumstances, and let her hook you up.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
SunsetOwner, Owner at Sunset Motel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you so much for your recent visit and subsequent praise. Feedback from guests like you is not only invaluable to those using lodging like ours, but is also important to us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and feedback with us. We just installed a new sophisticated reservation again that should eliminate most all online booking issues.Thanks again!
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The room was clean and all the necessary amenities. The folks on the phone and at the front desk were very friendly! It id really close to the Pisgah National Forest with all its beautiful waterfalls, hiking, and biking. just a few blocks from downtown brevard, and the Oskar Blues Brewery is only a 10 min or less ride away.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
SunsetOwner, Owner at Sunset Motel, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We hope to see you again! Lori
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brevard
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brevard
#5 of 11 in Hendersonville
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville
Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
Etowah Valley Golf & Resort

Been to Sunset Motel? Share your experiences!