“Get Away for FUN”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bryson City
Falling Waters Adventure Resort
Reviewed 25 May 2012

The group lodge is perfect for a "no worry" get away with family and friends. Hike, talk, eat, take the canopy tour, visit local sites and cities. Pure FUN!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 December 2011

This was our second time and we enjoyed our stay at the Yurt Village. The glorified camping experience is unique and relaxing. The premises has a hot tub and plenty of bathrooms for all. Fall is our favorite time to visit because it's not to hot and not to cold. There is a zipline company up the road and sometimes you can see them zipping thru the trees which is pretty fun to watch. There is a waterfall within walking distance and restaurants located within a couple of miles.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jekyll717
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Throw your GPS out the window and follow the directions these folks will give you. This was our first time in a yurt. It was really nice. Like a very luxureous tent. Very comfortable beds. The showers were a little rustic and of a community/campground nature, but it was nice. Woke up to BEAUTIFUL scenery!! Great place for a morning run. Very quiet. I wish we had stayed more than the one night. Would definatly go back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VunderlustBR
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Visited for 2 nights after finding on trip advisor-

1st night Yurt 8 'The Gorge'
Located a short walk from the bathhouse, through the trees up some stone steps. This was our favorite of the two due to its wonderfull views across the Nanthala river.

2nd night Yurt 7 'The Waterfall'
Located near to yurt 8 but slightly lower down and again a short walk to the bathhouse.

Both were exceptionally well appointed with private decks, clean crisp high threadcount linens, fridge, coffee machine, CD player, ample fresh towels, plenty of lighting together with electrical sockets. Grills are provided nearby each yurt.
On our 2nd night the temperature outside was around freezing but we were warm and comfortable with the fan heater provided. A fan is in situ for the hot summer weather.
We were travelling with our 5 year old and she was more than comfortable in the sofa bed which was clean and functionable.

The first night was quiet but the 2nd night was at full occupancy but everyone respected the 'quiet period' after 10pm -we heard nothing.

Download the flashlight app to your smartphone-its a dark walk to the bathhouse.

The bathhouse comprised of 4 bathrooms and these were warm and clean all sizeable.
A large hot tube is situated on the bathhouse deck.
A laundry room is well equiped with washers/dryers

Quiet location down a long track from the main road. You have to collect your key from outside the Wildswater activity centre up on the main road. Would really not recommend arriving after dark! -you might have problems locating your yurt let alone finding the place to start with.

My wife did a white water raft trip with Wild Water Adventures- one of the last of the season, an excellent intoduction to rafting and Kevin really looked after her.

In summary, this place is very well maintained and we had a wonderfull stay-a real adventure and would love to be able to return some day. We can't sing its praise's high enough.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank fordwater
Reviewed 1 August 2011

OK first off - it is a Yurt...it is not a hotel room - so keep that in mind.

for those who don't know what a yurt is - and many of my friends asked "You are staying in what?" it is basically a glorified ridgided round tent - with electricity. There is no attached bathrooms - but there is a bathhouse within a very short walking distance.

the pictures on thier site are very accurate.

We rented the Safari Yurt for two nights on-line and paid on-line - we arrived after normal business hours but were easily able to find the rafting center (basically across the street from the entrance to Falling waters) and follow the directions on how to get our key and easily obtain our key to our yurt.

The yurt was clean and quite comfortable even though it was warm out as the box fan had been left running. There was a musty smell but that was to be expected since we are in the middle of the woods. My sister had a travel candle she lit up and within a few minutes musty smell was no more. The only problem we ran into was one of the blades for the ceiling fan was chipped which caused the fan to wobble and squeak when we put the ceiling fan on - we really didn't need it as the box fan did a great job at keeping us comfortable so we had it off most of the time...

The Safari Yurt was situated back behind the bathrooms - very easy walk to the bathroom.

The bathrooms were clean and decent - there are about 4 bathrooms with toilet, sink and standup shower - i never had to wait for one and they were cleaned everyday.

Now walking to the bathroom - they do provide you with a flashlight in the yurt but our beam wasn't very strong so we just used the iHandy flashlight app on our iPhones - if you are sans iPhones I would take a nice strong flashlight with you to have on hand. Also speaking of iPhones/smartphones....Verizon you have 3G capabilities - ATT you have E sometimes...sometimes no signal (goes in and out - but that is what I found for most of our trip through tennessee and western NC - not just at the Yurts)....I was the one with the AT&T phone and I was able to use it - just was VERY slow sometimes - so we wound up using my sisters Verizon line for a lot of our searching when we needed too

The yurt was clean, had electricity - a mini fridge, stereo, lights and a coffee maker. The bed was comfy with extra blankets and pillows.

It appeared most of the yurts were rented the weekend we were there but it was quite quiet - I enjoyed reading my book in the evening to the sounds of crickets and bull frogs

My sister and I had a very enjoyable time and would love to go back and bring my daughters

As for the Yurt itself - while the Safari one was nice if I was to rent again I would probably try and rent either 1 or 6 by the ponds so we could have a bit of a view. OR the gorge yurt - it is a little bit away from the bathrooms (maybe 100 yards) and has a number of steps to get up to the yurt but the view is spectacular...so if you are a heavy sleeper and require no 1 am trips to the bathroom I say go for the Gorge Yurt...next the the gorge yurt is the waterfall yurt - which probably has some great views but not as clear as the gorge one. They do have a handicap accessiable yurt as well...

I would also bring with you some bug spray for yourself - they do provide a nice can of bug and wasp killing spray but you might want some OFF for yourself - I did get a few bug bites -but nothing terrible.

Overall I thoughly enjoyed my stay in a Yurt and if I was to come back to the area I would stay here again over your basic hotel....

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank jlynnva
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We booked the Yurt on line and paid on-line. When we arrived we gave our name and the key was waiting for us no gliches at all. I was hoping that the web site picture of the Yurts were reasonably accurate and to my surprise the pictures were a perfect representation of the condition of the Yurt. My two grandchildren were happy with the accomendations and especially with the fire pit. The idea of camping is maintained but the Yurt provides comfortable sleeping conditions and the other amenities were all we needed. I would certainly go back because this was a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank walwhis
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We stayed at one of the yurts at falling waters in late June in conjunction with a rafting and ziplining offered by the same parent company. We stayed in the Garden Yurt right along the lake. It was really cooking in the yurt when we arrived since this yurt is in the direct sun but when we rolled up the screen covers, opened the top, and turned on the fans the yurt cooled off very quickly and was quite comfortable.
It is very peaceful in the "yurt village" except for the soft buzzing of zipliners flying around in the nearby trees. We brought our own food and enjoyed the outdoors. There was an outdoor grate charcoal grill and fire pit available. The refrigerators in the yurts were decently sized and held enough for us. We felt like we got a great value in the yurts and are now looking to stay in yurts in other locations in the future.

Room Tip: The Gorge Yurt has the absolute best view, without question!