“Very cozy and great for families”
Review of Hemlock Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bryson City
Hemlock Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Bryson City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We rented the top floor of the "red cottage" for an overnight stay when visiting Bryson for a ride on the Polar Express train.
The cabin was very cute! Cozy with plenty of room for our party of 6.
It could use some updates. The mattresses are old and uncomfortable, I was glad we were only staying one night due to the beds.
There is no TV, and limited internet service, which was ok with me, but it's good to know when traveling with small children.
We were provided breakfast with our stay, it was good. Nice selection of different standard breakfast food (eggs, grits, ham, biscuits, muffins, etc) served family style. The main cabin is very cute, with plenty of rocking chairs around the fire.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara C

Reviewed 13 November 2012

My boyfriend and I stumbled on this inn when searching online for a place to stay in the Smokies and WOW am I glad we did. The food was delectable, the views were breath taking, and the service was impeccable. It truly is a hidden jem tucked away in the Smokey Mountains. My only regret is that we didn't have time to stay longer. With miles of trails surrounding the Inn itself, it is also located a stones throw away from a main entrance National/State Park that has many more beautiful trails. If you want to immerse yourself in nature but not as far as pitching a tent and cooking by a fire, be sure to visit. It won't disappoint. Be warned, there are no televisions in the rooms!! I am so glad they didn't because not watching tv before bed allowed my man and me to watch a meteor shower out on the front deck...GORGEOUS! All in all, awesome place! I look forward to going back as soon as I can.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank KlemannM
Reviewed 12 November 2012

My husband and 3 sons (ages 15, 13, and 13) look forward to visiting at the end of December again this year. Our visit last year was a true vacation. No cooking or cleaning to worry about with wonderful hospitality and warm scrumptious meals. My sons were raving about the meals for weeks after our visit. It is truly a gem in the Smokies. We hope this will continue as a family tradition for years to come.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My family has visited the Hemlock a couple of times...when riding the polar express.. We really wanted to go back this year, but were unable to. This is THE BEST Inn we have ever visited!!!! The owners and staff were excellent. So friendly, and they go out of their way to make you feel like family. The rooms are great..(just like staying at Grandma's) And the food.....all I can say is WOW!!!! We have even purchased cookbooks. If you have the opportunity, stay with the fine people at the Hemlock...you will NOT regret it!!!! Believe me....it is just like going home....A wonderful experience!!!!!

2  Thank Lesa B
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I first visited the Hemlock Inn with my parents and older brother when I was about 6 or 7 years old, and then again when I was 10. Did not return for many years after that, but always wondered if it was the same wonderful place we remembered. My mother and I finally decided in the early-to-mid-eighties to go find out. Turned out it was, and we have been making our way back there regularly ever since! If you look up the word "relaxation" in the dictionary, you will surely see a picture of Hemlock Inn as it is the most relaxing place I know. No phones or TV's in the rooms only enhances the peaceful atmosphere.
Meals are served "family style" at big round tables with Lazy-Susan centers, and dinner conversation with new friends is always lively and fun.
I simply cannot say enough good things about the Hemlock Inn!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DHut
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Our first visit to Hemlock Inn was many years ago....in fact, our son was in a high chair at the dinner table! He is now 37..when our family thinks of this wonderful place, they remember the friendliness of the folks, the delicious food, and the fresh mountain air. Many games were played at the shuffleboard court as well as the ping pong table. Hiking out to the overlook was a big deal. Planning next year's visit was always a priority. In fact, we need to plan a trip now. If you are in this part of NC, stop in....you will be glad you did.
The Tester Family

Room Tip: We like a room that has a screened in porch overlooking the woods.
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I'm not sure my family fits the demographic that the Hemlock mainly appeals to - couples and groups of friends on weekend getaways - but it's the perfect prescription for this hectic family. We have three kids ranging from 11 to 4 and we consciously seek out escapes just like the Hemlock Inn, where the emphasis is on the outdoors, on slow afternoons playing board games and on delicious family style dinners that help show our kids how to socialize. Yes, they have Wi-fi and for trip planning these days you really need it, but it's in the main lodge - as is the one TV - and everyone is drawn to hang out there and socialize instead of hole up in their rooms. We think it's just about perfect.

The rooms are fairly spacious and tastefully, if somewhat dated, decorated, but you're really not going to spend much time there. If you're into granite counter tops and frame-less shower doors you won't like the bathrooms much, and they're probably the one area that could be updated over the next couple of years, but they're serviceable nonetheless.

The owners/hosts are gracious and accommodating and you'll feel like you are part of a family here and in on a bit of a secret - a place that has survived the tread of box-like hotels on one extreme and too-precious B&B's on the other. It's just... comfortable, and my family has returned a couple times now and will make it a yearly tradition.

Room Tip: Definitely call to get the best room choice. Some can be connected, some are cabins, others are larg...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family