“I so want to give 5 stars but...”
Review of Hemlock Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bryson City
Hemlock Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Bryson City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit. I love this quaint mix of motel and b&b. We took our boys for the Polar Express package. This is the kind of place you build memories at. There are no tvs phones or wifi in the rooms. The rooms are your basic grandmothers home. The ONLY reason I couldn't do 5 star was the mattresses. They need replacing. So very uncomfortable and not just our room but the kids as well. Please replace them with good ones. It was pretty noisey one night with a bunch of inconsiderate guests letting their kids run rampant at 11.30 one night. Not inn keepers fault.
If you are offended by someone blessing the food at mealtimes then you probably are not a good fit at Hemlock Inn. Mealtimes are all family style and quite a treat,
Not much I can add to other reviews we love this place.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank shannijones

Reviewed 26 December 2012

This was our first trip to the Hemlock Inn. We love love loved it. Everything was exactly what we thought. This is a very Rustic environment,Very Cozy, no TV, hand stitched quilts, The family staff was very friendly and helpful, we immediately felt like we had been going there for 20 years and new everyone. The food was FANTASTIC with all the extra details included. warming the plates using metal serve ware to keep all food hot, heated cups in the morning, a beautiful fireplace in the main house.. and rocking chairs around the wrap around porch for the breath taking view.
We sat with three couples at our table who were all together they were very friendly and welcoming, they had all been going for ten plus years, and were actually locals who live in a bordering town that go regularly just for dinner. I cannot say enough good about the Hemlock Inn and staff.. If that is the environment you are looking for.. We have booked our next trip to return in two months.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank dittodal
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We rented the top floor of the "red cottage" for an overnight stay when visiting Bryson for a ride on the Polar Express train.
The cabin was very cute! Cozy with plenty of room for our party of 6.
It could use some updates. The mattresses are old and uncomfortable, I was glad we were only staying one night due to the beds.
There is no TV, and limited internet service, which was ok with me, but it's good to know when traveling with small children.
We were provided breakfast with our stay, it was good. Nice selection of different standard breakfast food (eggs, grits, ham, biscuits, muffins, etc) served family style. The main cabin is very cute, with plenty of rocking chairs around the fire.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara C
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My boyfriend and I stumbled on this inn when searching online for a place to stay in the Smokies and WOW am I glad we did. The food was delectable, the views were breath taking, and the service was impeccable. It truly is a hidden jem tucked away in the Smokey Mountains. My only regret is that we didn't have time to stay longer. With miles of trails surrounding the Inn itself, it is also located a stones throw away from a main entrance National/State Park that has many more beautiful trails. If you want to immerse yourself in nature but not as far as pitching a tent and cooking by a fire, be sure to visit. It won't disappoint. Be warned, there are no televisions in the rooms!! I am so glad they didn't because not watching tv before bed allowed my man and me to watch a meteor shower out on the front deck...GORGEOUS! All in all, awesome place! I look forward to going back as soon as I can.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank KlemannM
Reviewed 12 November 2012

My husband and 3 sons (ages 15, 13, and 13) look forward to visiting at the end of December again this year. Our visit last year was a true vacation. No cooking or cleaning to worry about with wonderful hospitality and warm scrumptious meals. My sons were raving about the meals for weeks after our visit. It is truly a gem in the Smokies. We hope this will continue as a family tradition for years to come.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My family has visited the Hemlock a couple of times...when riding the polar express.. We really wanted to go back this year, but were unable to. This is THE BEST Inn we have ever visited!!!! The owners and staff were excellent. So friendly, and they go out of their way to make you feel like family. The rooms are great..(just like staying at Grandma's) And the food.....all I can say is WOW!!!! We have even purchased cookbooks. If you have the opportunity, stay with the fine people at the Hemlock...you will NOT regret it!!!! Believe me....it is just like going home....A wonderful experience!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Lesa B
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I first visited the Hemlock Inn with my parents and older brother when I was about 6 or 7 years old, and then again when I was 10. Did not return for many years after that, but always wondered if it was the same wonderful place we remembered. My mother and I finally decided in the early-to-mid-eighties to go find out. Turned out it was, and we have been making our way back there regularly ever since! If you look up the word "relaxation" in the dictionary, you will surely see a picture of Hemlock Inn as it is the most relaxing place I know. No phones or TV's in the rooms only enhances the peaceful atmosphere.
Meals are served "family style" at big round tables with Lazy-Susan centers, and dinner conversation with new friends is always lively and fun.
I simply cannot say enough good things about the Hemlock Inn!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family