Hemlock Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bryson City
See available hotels
Two Rivers Lodge(Bryson City)
Good 3.5/5
Rosewood Inn(Bryson City)
Relax Inn(Bryson City)
Good 3.5/5
Riverbend Lodging(Bryson City)
Great 4.5/5
Scenic View Motel(Bryson City)
  • Free Internet
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsfamily styleping ponglazy susandeep creekshuffle boardhome cookingred rockersiced tea or lemonadecook bookmeal timeswi fi is availablecheese gritsfamily reunionfellow guestscorn holeson in lawmade from scratch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2013

There is a ton to do around Bryson City, NC. Whitewater rafting at the Nantahala, hiking in the Smokies, tubing Deep Creek, etc. After at day high intensity outdoor stuff, you want the comfort and convenience of a terrific Inn to "come home to".
Relax on the porch with a view of the NC mountains. Or if you want to play, they have every outdoor game they have plenty to choose from. Maybe you just want to read in a quiet place. Accommodations include an incredible breakfast, family style. This place is minutes from Deep Creek and Bryson City. Why stay in a chain hotel when you can enjoy an experience that you will likely remember way better. We took in an awesome bluegrass concert at the Stecoah Valley Art Center. Lots to do if you like the Appalachain mountatins.

Room Tip: Arrange for a dinner at the inn during your stay
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I just returned from several days at Hemlock Inn. We have been going there every summer about 15 years. There are lots of things to do, from hiking in the Great Smoky Mountain Park, tubing on deep creek, casino gambling in Cherokee, or rafting on the Nantahala River, a short distance away. The food is always good. A big breakfast and dinner is included, and no one goes hungry.This is one of my favorite places.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Graham T
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My family gets together every year at the Hemlock Inn. In addition to the motel-type rooms, the inn has several cabins that can be rented. We rent a 6 bedroom 4 bath house. Since we can have breakfast and dinner in the Hemlock dining room, it gives us a chance to enjoy each others company for a few days without someone spending all his/her time in the kitchen. The grounds of the inn provide many opportunities for great fun for children - shuffleboard, ping pong, hiking trails, whiffleball, bean bag throwing, etc. Also, you are about a 5 minute drive from Deep Creek, in the Smokey Mountain Park, which is great for tubing. You are about a 30 minute drive from Cherokee and the Okunaluftee part of the park. The owners of the inn are extremely friendly and helpful in planning activities. I highly recommend this place as a place for families to get together. There are no TVs or telephones, which encourages everyone to enjoy the outdoors and the company of their companions.

Room Tip: There are some family rooms and the cabins that I mentioned. Just tell them about your group, and they will recommend good accommodations for you.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2013

A little dated, but quaint. Beautiful surroundings. Great for watching wildlife. We spotted deer, turkeys, and bear. The location is perfect to Bryson City, Cherokee, And Pigeon Forge. This Inn has everything you need from terrific hosts to hiking trails to wildlife. We live in the city, with the exception of the zoo and a few displaced deer we don't see much of nature.

Room Tip: All rooms seem similar. There are some cabins separate from the main buildings though. If you like to get up early and watch for wildlife in the meadow, ask for a room in the main building. Lighting is poor at night making it easy to miss the sign to turn into the complex. Also lighting around the buildings is poor. I almost fell because I didn't see a step, it was pitch black and I was trying to feel my way through the dark around the outside of a building to get to my room. A few more out door lights might make it a more welcoming sight at night.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2013

With all that life hands you...the joys of births and unions, the sorrows of death and loss, add in illness and disease and you have an overwhelming view of every day life. Everyone has their bolder to bear in an uphill struggle to reach the top, but at least there is ONE place and GOOD people I can visit to forget about these woes and sorrows.

Just five minutes to sit and rock on the Hemlock Inn's porch overlooking the mountains and the beautiful wildlife below gives me a glorious moment to relax and regroup my mind and body. Mort and Lainey have always been there for me whenever I'm in need. I can't say enough good things about the Hemlock Inn. It is a true retreat from your life, it gives you the opportunity to slow down and only focus on where you are in the present. All I have left to say is, when you stay at Hemlock Inn just remember it's all about finding yourself and your loved ones; get closer together.

Room Tip: They are all wonderful rooms; like a step back in time, relaxing and comfortable. I also gave their fitness center an "Excellent" rating, this is because if you consider the trails and hikes of the Smokies your fitness center it is excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family