“Nice in every way except...”
Review of Hemlock Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bryson City
Hemlock Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Bryson City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Loved the beautiful surroundings, delicious meals, friendly folks and cute décor of our little bungalow. BUT...the smell of mildew and mold was so heavy in our room that we had to burn incense to be able to inhabit it. Too bad b/c now we won't return. The place was all booked up or we would have asked to move.

Room Tip: Maybe a room off the main house wouldn't have a mildew problem.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Tallygal4
There are newer reviews for Hemlock Inn

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Just stayed at the Hemlock in this past week and loved it. We stayed in the house located on the property(Red cottage) and this would be a perfect place for extended family or a reunion. Plenty of room! I can imagine family gathering and telling stories from the past or playing games together. There is enough room that you can still escape and be by yourself if you choose. The owner is super nice and I appreciated the gathering all together (summoned by the dinner bell) saying grace and then dining and eating together. Wonderful conversations around the dinner table with great food!!! Loved it! Lots of activities, ping pong, puzzles, board games. Or sitting on the porch and relaxing while enjoying the beautiful view. Close to Bryson city and the train station. We will return again.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We just had a wonderful visit with extended family at Hemlock Inn. The local attractions are fun for all ages and the Inn provided a comfortable place to rest and visit. The meals were all delicious. Everyone who took care of us seemed to genuinely care about us.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We visited for the first time during the first week of July. We had a wonderful time. It was a wonderful family atmosphere. My girls didn't want to leave and want to go back soon - even though they were unplugged (no TV or IPads). Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. We would spend our days exploring the area, and come back just in time for dinner. Food was yummy especially the desserts - I just had to buy the cookbook!! Then we would hang out with the other guest - ping pong, puzzles, sitting on porch relaxing, and many more fun things. The girls had a wonderful time catching fireflies with the other guest. We also enjoyed the nature trail on the property. I would highly recommended this place if you want to relax and have a great time. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family has been coming here since I was a kid almost 20 years ago so it obviously is a special place for me. That being said, there is NO OTHER place to go for a weekend getaway if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing weekend! It is a wonderful place to 'unplug' from the all too busy lives we often lead now.

Breakfast and Dinner are served daily family style. There is a large lazy susan on each table and the food is absolutely wonderful. Rather than turning on the TV, there are tons of other activities in and around the Inn. Every year we raft down the Nantahala river as a family (its a blast!), Deep Creek is very close to the Inn and is fun to tube down for only about $5. There are of course lots of beautiful hiking and trails all around this area, it is a truly majestic countryside.

At the Inn, We enjoy playing ping-pong, shuffleboard, cards, puzzles, and lots of other games as we enjoy each others' company (FYI, Wifi is available in the main Inn but not in the rooms currently. I was told they are working on getting wifi in rooms eventually). If you are looking for a more modern hotel and amenities this is not the place for you but if you want a nostalgic trip down memory lane to how things were before iPhones, etc. this is the place for you! I look forward to our family reunion here every year!

3  Thank DocBriggsy
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

If you want to be treated like family go here. The dinner bell is rang, the food is blessed and your food is already on the table. The view is extraordinary and the food is country style dining at its finest.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank NextBigAdventure
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I wanted to get away for the weekend without the kids. A close friend recommended the Hemlock Inn. The rooms are rustic and quaint. The setting is secluded. As soon as we arrived, I felt we were part of a family reunion. Everyone was SO nice and friendly. The staff was very helpful with ideas of things to do in the area. We got to know several families over dinner at the round table. The lazy susan made it easy to share the meal family style. The food was wonderful! I'm so glad we made it in time for dinner Friday night! The inn was a bargain since dinner and breakfast were included. These were not your typical meals. There was a variety of food and everything was so good! We are already planning to return with the kids and my parents. I finished reading 2 books and my wife and I spent some great quality time together. Great weekend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Baymont Inn & Suites Cherokee Smoky Mountains
Folkestone Inn
Folkestone Inn
#1 of 10 in Bryson City

Been to Hemlock Inn? Share your experiences!