“Unique and Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hemlock Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bryson City
Hemlock Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Bryson City B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Unique and Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2005

I went to Hemlock Inn for the first time a few years ago. I was hooked! Yes, there is no television, no telephone, no radio in the room...I LOVED that! There were two wonderful...and plentiful...old fashioned home-cooked meals provided each day, and a very helpful and accomodating staff who were willing to help us with tickets to the Biltmore, fly fishing, river rafting, horseback riding...anything at all. I'll admit the other folks who had been to Hemlock Inn all their lives were a little intimidating at first...but isn't the fact that they keep coming back the best recommendation of all? For a very old inn (50+ years), it seems appropriate that it's a little rough around the edges but it's clean. If you want champagne and hot tubs, go to Asheville and stay at the Grove Park. If you want a real break from it all that will make you want to move in (or at least avoid going back to "reality"), and you want to entertain your kids with a vacation that is REALLY for them...go to Hemlock Inn! AT $166-$200/night including two delicious meals for everyone, I think it's a fair deal.

• Stayed October 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2005

Every year my extended family gets together at the Hemlock Inn The accomodations are not luxurious, but they are very comfortable. We rent a house with six bedrooms and five bathrooms that is on the Hemlock Inn property. It is a great way to get a large family group together. There are many things to do in the area, and since a good breakfast and lunch are provided, no one has to spend half of his/her time in the kitchen.
The view from the porch is exquisite, and it is a great place to relax. In the evenings, there are often children (and sometimes adults) playing whiffle ball, ping pong, or shuffleboard. I think it is healthy to spend some time away from television. The staff is friendly, and we always enjoy meeting the other guests.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank Carolyn279
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2005

This place is WAY too expensive for what you actually get. At $200 a night, you might expect to enjoy a very comfortable - or perhaps even lavish - stay. However, you will find that there is no air conditioning, no television, no swimming pool or jacuzzi, and no alcohol allowed. Most of the guests there go to sleep before 11 pm and the walls are paper-thin, so don't plan on staying up much later than that. The rooms look like they were built in the 1970's and that may have been the last time they were cleaned. We found cobwebs in the bathroom and all over the porch.

I had heard many good things about the food at the Hemlock Inn, so after all of the other disappointments I was hoping for good country cooking to justify the cost. What I found, unfortunately, were meals that I could have cooked better myself.

It's not all bad news - the scenery is nice and the staff is friendly. But beyond that, this place is barely a step above Motel 6. I absolutely love to travel, but on this trip, I often found myself wishing I was at home. When considering staying at this place, you should first consider spending the night in a tent and burning the $200 in your camp fire.

• Stayed June 2005
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
chicago,il
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2004

The views from the porch are beautiful. The food is great...but the people there do not make you feel truly welcome if you are a newcomer. Some visitors have been coming there for generations. We visited a few times and probably won't be back. We just didn't feel comfortable. The rooms were in great need of updating. Things just weren't working properly. There are so many better places to stay in the Smokies.

8 Thank chgotrav
#4 of 10 in Bryson City
Hampton Inn Cherokee
Hampton Inn Cherokee
#2 of 28 in Cherokee

Been to Hemlock Inn? Share your experiences!