All reviewscontinental breakfastfront desk personfresh fruitstaff was very friendly and helpfulwould stay againthe breakfast areaa great staycomfortable roomsmall towngreat smokeyannettemountainspetrailroadcherokeeratesfall
Reviewed 7 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here for the July 4 weekend to attend the Cherokee Powwow in nearby Cherokee, NC. The hotel is located just outside town, so it's very quiet. You'll have to go into town for meals--the restaurant next to the property is closed. (Tip: Bryson City is a much more pleasant town than Cherokee, where Clark Griswold would feel at home. Some very nice restaurants and not as frenetic.)

Our room was very spacious, with a micro/fridge, bar sink, and sofa. The flat screen TV and wifi worked fine. However, there were issues. Upon arrival we discovered that our toilet was clogged. I went downstairs to inform the desk clerk. She handed me a plunger and said that she couldn't leave her post to fix it, as she was alone. (It was 5:00 PM on a Friday, hardly the wee hours.) Really? I was partially successful, but it still wasn't working well when we left two days later. Our first morning we discovered that we only had one bath towel. That evening we found that housekeeping did not replace the drinking cups and I had to go downstairs for more. I didn't get an apology (same clerk as the night before, playing on her iPad this time.) I left a note for housekeeping; perhaps it will be fixed for the next guest.

Bottom line, the hotel has some staffing issues if there's only one person on duty during a holiday weekend, and the evening clerk seemed unconcerned and unapologetic about our complaints, meaning that the manager needs to take note. I'm a pretty low-maintenance guest, but I don't think I should have to repair my room plumbing or request basic amenities.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Baycruisers
Reviewed 6 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed there for one night before we went white water rafting and zip lining on the Nantahala river. It was a clean and classy looking room, definitely no complaints I could make about it besides the fact that we had the room opposite the elevator and that "bing bing" sound that was so continuous between about 7-9am that there was no chance of sleeping at that time. Breakfast was very basic, cereal and toast and a few other small items, and the service was average. Would stay here again, just as far away from the elevators as possible!

Room Tip: Just avoid rooms close to the elevator!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

we found this hotel to be one of the cleanest hotels we have ever stayed in.the room had everything we needed and was very comfortable. Tanya or Tonya at the front desk was very helpful.The Breakfast Could have had a few more choices maybe some hot food.Also someone should be checking the parking lot for trash maybe twice a day.

Room Tip: Did not have fitness room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family