“Country House Review”
Review of Creekside Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bryson City
Creekside Cabins
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed at the Country House at Creekside Cabins. This was a beautiful nice farm house. Owners were very helpful. Nice gas grill on back deck and fire pit on deck. Large master bedroom on 1st floor, 2 beds in room other end of house, bathroom, full kitchen everything you need (pots, pans, stove, microwave, etc). Upstairs 3 more bedrooms with bathroom. Nice quilts on all beds. Beds were great like sleeping at home. It was going to your grandparents place and them in another room. It was wonderful. Area was nice and beautiful, very clean and fully furnished. We had a party of 12 and had plenty of room. Great area for young and old. Great place to river raft. Recommend this place. Our party was between ages 8 to 80. All had fun. Close to Bryson City, 3 flea markets and then Cherokee about 20 minute drive. Great valve for us.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank smithandjenkinsfam

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We have stayed at Creekside Cabins on a number of occasions in both the big house and a cabin. The cabins have a kitchen/dining room, a separate bedroom with the bathroom, and there is a very cool loft up the ladder in the kitchen - great for kids! They are surprisingly complete and quite nice - better than I thought cabins could be. The shower is a single person shower but is more than I expected in a cabin. They also have a nice screened in porch so we could sit in the rockers and watch the river. With a fire ring, table, and all it is a wonderful camping place much better than tenting or staying in other cabins I've been to. The owners, Carolyn and David, are great! They are helpful and friendly, and we spent time every time we've stayed there just chatting with them. Others have mentioned the rules, which they do have and enforce, but they are all very clear either online or when you call to make the reservation. I'm glad they have these rules because it's what keeps the cabins in nice shape! Who wants a cabin smelling like gutted fish!?! We are very glad the rules are in place! The big house is wonderful and "old timey" with old fashioned quilts on the beds but all the amenities of home throughout. It would be great for a reunion or group get-together such as we had there. Being so close to the creek is fabulous even if you don't raft, although you can get a tube next door. The place is absolutely beautiful!!! Bryson City is quaint and fun to visit, and just a few minutes away. Creekside Cabins is a beautiful, relaxing place to stay in the middle of a gorgeous area with stuff for everyone in a family to do. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: All the cabins are right on the creek so you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank IFJean
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Better check the rules or your credit card will be charged for a full day, even thought you dont get a full day for following the rules. Check-in is at 3:00pm and check out is at 10:30 am. No cancellations, so if you" book" you better be prepared to go or plan on disputing the charges. Owner acts suspicious, not very friendly. We arrived around 2:00 pm on Sunday afternoon with our grandchildren for an overnight stay and were told our cabin was not ready, asked if there was a place we could change into our bathing suits,she said" no". I asked if she thought we could use the bath room at the tube rental store, she said " no they wont let you". So we went to the tube rental store and asked anyway, they said " sure the bathrooms are right over there". Another one of the many rules was -" quiet time is 10:00 pm, strictly enforced " That was fine except the guy was outside our cabin at 8;30 am with the weedeater. Cabins are clean but very small and you better be athletic if you plan on accessing the mattresses in the loft, and its almost impossible to climbdown with out knocking the picture off the wall.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank jdawg11
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I was so impressed with this cabin that I had to post a review. I have to say also it is because of "aMominCary's" review that I decided to stay here in the first place since there were a couple of negative reviews. We only had positive interactions with the owners who were just as friendly as could be. The only rule that might seem strict is in the paperwork they just say "Absolutely No Coolers" in the cabin....we just unloaded our cooler and kept it in the car. First of all you get a nice screened in porch with two rockers and a coffee table. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need even a sponge and dish soap, hot pads, and place mats. It has a table for four and they provide one extra chair. They even provide a coffee maker! We did have to provide paper towels, tp, paper plates etc.... The loft is small our teen son did not really care to sleep up there as he is 6'4" however it has two full futon beds up there and it was clean they even provided a fan and a nightlight up there. The bedroom has a queen bed in our cabin which was the "Hempine" and it was very clean and comfortable with a tv (that has cable) :) and a sitting chair in it. The bathroom is small with just a toilet and sink the only thing that was kind of something I had to get used to was the shower was in the wall in the bathroom however it was a nice hot shower (NO TUB)..and at the end of the day of rafting and tubing it felt great my only suggestion is that they put a shelf up for shampoos and such and actually was surprised that they had not because they had thought of everything! The cabin was air conditioned (2 window units one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom) and there is a ceiling fan in kitchen it was very comfortable temperature wise. They also provided a park bench, camp fire ring, and grill to cook out on and a picnic table down by the creekside. The creek is so close to the cabin and it is so much fun to tube on! The other great thing is that this cabin area is behind or in between I should say Deep Creek Campground so there is a camp store right there with tubes and everything you need and the town of Bryson City is just 5 minutes away also! If we head there again we would definitely return...the only reason I did not give an excellent rating was that the Wi-Fi was shaky and not always on and we are a techie family luckily I had my Droid Razr with me :) and Deep Creek Campground will not share their Wi-Fi info so make friends with some of the campers over there ;)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GardenGal40
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We stayed at Creekside Cabins for the Labor Day Weekend. The cabins are located in Bryson City, right outside the downtown area. Only 5 minutes off Hwy 74. The cabins are right on Deep Creek. The cabin exceeded our expectations. We were so impressed with how clean the cabin was and how well stocked the kitchen was. The cabin is very small, but we expected that based on the pictues. There was a very nice screened porch with two rockers facing the creek. We had a cabin with the seperate bedroom. You walked in to the kitchen area which had a table for four, fridge, sink, microwave and a full size gas oven. There was a ladder up to the sleeping loft which was a lot of fun for my kids. The bedroom, & bathroom were in the back. There were potholders and dishtowels set out in the kitchen. There was some Dawn soap for the dishes and several trash bags. When we couldn't find a skillet, the owner Carolyn was prompt to bring one to us so we could make our pancakes the next morning. Each cabin has fire pit with chairs, a charcoal grill and a picnic table by the creek. My only complaint is that the window A/C units were loud at night but since my husband and kids had no problem sleeping, it must have been just me. While staying here, we went whitewater rafting on the Nantahala, tubing in Deep Creek, hiking in the Great Smokies to several waterfalls and shopping for Indian stuff in Cherokee. Everything was conveinent to the cabin. Our boys asked us to make this trip a "tradition" and come back every year and I think we just might do that. When we come back, we will be staying at Creekside Cabins. Don't be put off by the other reviews, we truly enjoyed staying here. There are rules...like not bringing coolers into the cabin (probably b/c of the wood floor) and not having extra people sleep in the cabin or use the showers, and no fish cleaning in the cabin. All the rules seemed reasonable to us and we didn't affect our trip.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank aMominCary
Reviewed 5 August 2010

My family has been going to Deep Creek for about 30 years and we have stayed at Creekside the last 4 years or so, and I will never be back! For starters their cabins are more like trailers made to look like cabins. On our last full day I was in the creek as I had just gotten back from tubing Deep Creek. My family was sitting around the creek as my cousins we playing and I was called up as the owner wanted to speak to me.

I walked up to the owner and said Good Afternoon and the reply was "You owe me money". I said Okay and asked for what as you pay when you get there. She said it was for the extra 2 adults in the cabin and it was $40 ($10/pay per adult over two adults). I said Okay and that I wasn't aware of the extra charge because it was not listed on the website, at which point she flipped out. The next thing I know she is shaking her finger and papers in my face telling me she doesn't have to post the charges on her website if she doesn't want too and it was for ware and tear. I told her I have no problem paying for wear and tear but she should tell people before they are at the campsite and not counting people around a camp fire accusing them of sneaking people in. While I stayed calm and told her we were not asked the number of people that would be in the cabin she called my wife and my self a liar and said she would call the sheriff, which I said "go for it". This lasted 15-20 minutes. I told her I wouldn't be back and would file a complaint with the BBB she said she would put a mark next to my name (big whoop) not allowing me to come back (Um, I just said that lady).

I change and got the $40 and headed of to return our tubes to the Deep Creek Tube Center next door. As we pass their office I start to walk up to their camper as they had rented their house to my uncle the door flies open and I ask for change. The reply "Come with me". We go to the office (another small trailer) and get the change. "I say thank you and have a good night". As I try to walk off her husbands starts in that she is speaking to me and to stop walking away. Against better judgment I stop because I am trying to be polite. They hand me a flier as she pulls up a the website. They tried to say they don't allow 4 adults in the cabins only 2 adults and two children. I pointed out that both the flier and website says that 2 and 2 fit comfy in the cabin, not that you don't allow 4 adults because you do as you charge more for 4 people. Again another 15-20 minutes with these people now calling more family members liars.

After we cleaned the cabin and the car was packed I went to get the owners for the inspection of the cabin. We were the only ones to get such an inspection when leaving. As I walked up to the office my grandmother was in there and she was asking about the extra $10. Mind you that the owners said she knew about the charge last year, but unlike me she got all smiles from the owners. They inspected the cabin, I got it in writing everything was good and off I went.

Creekside also has more rules and signs than any camp ground I have ever been too. These two, but mainly her, are a couple of angry people who have nothing better to do than to look for someone to yell at. Save yourself the time and do stay at Creekside Cabins!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family